It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Connection Between Alien Transportation And Alien Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Alien races with the ability to travel at incredible speeds - such as close to c, the speed of light - must live onboard their ships, as the effects of time dilation would make any functioning civilization near impossible (in other words, by the time the aliens got home centuries or millenia could have past). These aliens would be nomads.

Alien races with the ability to travel through wormholes and/or other methods of distorting relative spacetime may live on planets, as time dilation wouldn't be a factor and their civilization would be able to function normally.

Given the above, what can we infer/assume about their respective civilizations? What could this tell us about the way they live?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We just don't know. What seems like an acceptable assumption to us on how an alien species will be like may be totally wrong.

For all we know there could be aliens that travel through space without needing a ship or carrier. They may not even need a planet to sustain them.

I guess one way to look at possible alien life and how they are socially is to look towards nature here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I have mentioned this before, (and by the way I think this is a good subject) I believe they travel inter-dimensionally (wormholes). This to me is more plausible because traveling at super-luminal speeds would require traveling "out" of this universe and if you have developed the technology to propel massive ships large enough to hold a city's worth of "people" all the while being self sustained and kept free from the bombardment of cosmic rays and other hazards at near light speeds, well you aren't far from going super-luminal.

-Alien

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
By the way there is a wormhole at the center of every galaxy (the black hole). If an advanced civilization could harness enough energy they could theoretically create their own wormhole based on natures model and keep it stable enough and long enough to use it effectively.

Some of you might (as I have) wonder; "how do they know where they will end up if they enter their worm hole??? couldn't they just pop up in a random place? The answer is yes you could just pop in anywhere in the universe.

But, I have developed a theory on how they (or we in the future) could pinpoint their destination. I will leave that for another thread.

-Alien
edit on 12/14/2010 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Iv always thought that the things that happen on Stargate and StarTrek were real and DOES IN FACT happen somewhere in this universe. I mean its so damn big there must be a species that LIVES on a intergalactic vehicle and just travels around for the hell of it.

who agress?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts. I have always thought ET's had the ability to manipulate time and im not sure why. I believe they have the ability to travel in different planes of existence (dimensions), actually tearing the space time continuum and even being able to go above and beyond the 4th dimension, possibly even changing their molecular structure to do so. If this is the case the vibrational frequency would be so intense we wouldnt even see them if they were right in front of us, which would be perfect if they came to observe or even research our planet

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Your right. Changing the vibrational frequency of your atoms and the atoms of your ships and hardware would be one of the basic things needed to be done in order to travel inter-dimensionally.

-Alien

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
By the way there is a wormhole at the center of every galaxy (the black hole).

I'm not a scientist and I don't play one in TV, but I thought a wormhole and a black hole were two entirely different things. And that wormholes, unlike black holes, have yet to be proven to exist. I've always seen the words "hypothetical" and "theoretical" used when wormholes were discussed. Have I missed some big announcement in the last couple of years?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The jury is still out for me on ET. But I would think whatever their technology, if our own “sciences” are even half right, we would be infantile to them. And trying to understand their science and means of travel would be like trying to explain physics to a newborn. I’m not saying we as a species aren’t smart. Just that they would have a huge head start on us.

But to your question. I think what we can infer, is there are some things that would seem to be constants. Food, water, shelter, a heirarchy, sciences, etc.

But it would seem if they are reaching out to the stars, they would have one thing in common with us. Plain old curiousity. I’ve seen many people ask why would they come here? For the same reason we want to go there. Curiousity. Exploration. The thirst for knowledge.

If we had found a more primitive species than ourselves on Mars, how much money would we be spending trying to get there and study them? And we might avoid, as much as possible, contact for quite some time so as not to disturb the status quo there. On the other hand, we might also screw them up as bad as ourselves. I hope not.

I’m not sure if that’s what you were after, but those are some of my own thoughts.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Show me where Black Holes have been PROVEN to exist also?

Although we can observe the effects of what we theoretically consider a "black hole" in our own galaxy and in other galaxy's we can not directly observe the black hole. So, therefore even the black hole remains theoretical.

And so to answer your question if it was a question....

I will first explane to you how gravity works. Most people have a vague idea of gravity in that they think its simply one body pulling on another. And the greater the mass the greater the pull. This is correct in a way but there is a little more to it.
Gravity is this; A body (star, planet, asteroid etc.) warps space/time to a certain degree depending upon its mass. The more massive the more it warps space/time. Wat happens is this. Picture a rubber sheet about the size of your bedroom. Stretch it out and put a weight in the middle. The weight is your "body" and the sheet of rubber is space/time.

Now take a ball something much lighter then the weight in the middle (another body) and set it on the edge of the rubber sheet and it will roll toward the heavy object in the middle. You see what happens here is not a direct interaction between the two objects but it is an indirect interaction between the two using space/time as a medium.

A black hole is a massive star that has collapsed under the weight of its own gravity after it can no longer hold its "posture" by means of nuclear fission.

What happens is the star crunches down to a tiny point of extreme density and causes space time to warp onto a singularity. This is called a curvature singularity.

Schwarzschild wormholes-

Lorentzian wormholes known as Schwarzschild wormholes or Einstein-Rosen bridges are bridges between areas of space that can be modeled as vacuum solutions to the Einstein field equations, and which are now understood to be intrinsic parts of the maximally extended version of the Schwarzschild metric describing an eternal black hole with no charge and no rotation.

Here, "maximally extended" refers to the idea that the spacetime should not have any "edges": for any possible trajectory of a free-falling particle (following a geodesic) in the spacetime, it should be possible to continue this path arbitrarily far into the particle's future or past, unless the trajectory hits a gravitational singularity like the one at the center of the black hole's interior. In order to satisfy this requirement, it turns out that in addition to the black hole interior region which particles enter when they fall through the event horizon from the outside, there must be a separate white hole interior region which allows us to extrapolate the trajectories of particles which an outside observer sees rising up away from the event horizon.

And just as there are two separate interior regions of the maximally extended spacetime, there are also two separate exterior regions, sometimes called two different "universes", with the second universe allowing us to extrapolate some possible particle trajectories in the two interior regions. This means that the interior black hole region can contain a mix of particles that fell in from either universe (and thus an observer who fell in from one universe might be able to see light that fell in from the other one), and likewise particles from the interior white hole region can escape into either universe.

All four regions can be seen in a spacetime diagram which uses Kruskal–Szekeres coordinates, as discussed and illustrated on the page White Holes and Wormholes. In this spacetime, it is possible to come up with coordinate systems such that if you pick a hypersurface of constant time (a set of points that all have the same time coordinate, such that every point on the surface has a space-like separation, giving what is called a 'space-like surface') and draw an "embedding diagram" depicting the curvature of space at that time (see the discussion of embedding diagrams on this page), the embedding diagram will look like a tube connecting the two exterior regions, known as an "Einstein-Rosen bridge".

For example, see the diagrams on this page which show the maximally extended Schwarzschild solution in Kruskal–Szekeres coordinates along with white hypersurfaces of constant time drawn on (time in some other coordinate system besides Kruskal–Szekeres coordinates, since a hypersurface of constant Kruskal–Szekeres time would just look like a horizontal line when drawn in a Kruskal–Szekeres diagram), and the corresponding embedding diagram for that hypersurface. Note that the Schwarzschild metric describes an idealized black hole that exists eternally from the perspective of external observers; a more realistic black hole that forms at some particular time from a collapsing star would require a different metric. When the infalling stellar matter is added to a diagram of a black hole's history, it removes the part of the diagram corresponding to the white hole interior region, along with the part of the diagram corresponding to the other universe.

[10] The Einstein-Rosen bridge was discovered by Albert Einstein and his colleague Nathan Rosen, who first published the result in 1935. However, in 1962 John A. Wheeler and Robert W. Fuller published a paper showing that this type of wormhole is unstable, and that it will pinch off too quickly for light (or any particle moving slower than light) that falls in from one exterior region to make it to the other exterior region.
Before the stability problems of Schwarzschild wormholes were apparent, it was proposed that quasars were white holes forming the ends of wormholes of this type.[citation needed]

While Schwarzschild wormholes are not traversable, their existence inspired Kip Thorne to imagine traversable wormholes created by holding the 'throat' of a Schwarzschild wormhole open with exotic matter (material that has negative mass/energy).

Wikipedia

So, there you have it. Yup you are right it is theory. But remember, your plasma television, your computer and almost all new technology is based on theories. If you have any questions feel free to ask

-Alien

edit on 12/16/2010 by Alien Abduct because: spelling

top topics

join