It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Arrangements: Exploring Our Grand Universe, "Was Einstien wrong?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I went to the "Carnegie Institution for Science" website and ran across an up and coming event set for February 3rd, 2011 @ 6:45PM. It will be a seminar with Dr. James Gates, University of Maryland, Department of Physics
Dr. Larry Gladney, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Physics and Astronomy
Dr. Herman White, Jr., Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.
The topic of discussion will be quite interesting for those of us into possible inadequacies in sciences answers and so called irrefutable answers for the bases of all Physics and substantial astrophysics and questionable end game answers to some of the most pondered questions of our day.
Even though it questions one of my personal heroes of mathematical understanding (Albert Einstein) I would rather know the truths rather than be led to believe a debunked theory. And all of this coming right after a 103 year debate over the great Einsteins E=MC2 hypothesis..."What next?"

Stunning new discoveries at the frontiers of physics, including the discovery that dark energy and dark matter constitute 95% of the universe, have profoundly challenged our understanding of fundamental physics. Either our view of empty space at the very smallest scales is wrong or our view that Einstein’s theory of gravitation works on large distance scales is incorrect. The Three Cosmic Tenors will touch on string theory, particle physics and mathematical astrophysics to illuminate what the universe is made of and how it is evolving.

carnegiescience.edu...

Just thought I would share this info with you guys here on the ATS, definitely know where I will be come February 3rd, 2011 @ 6:45!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
There appears to have been some important discoveries that have been kept out of the general science community. Mainly the relationship between gravity and electricity, but others as well. To help mask this dark theories and others have been introduced. What is all this dark stuff, unexplained bla bla for equations that don't add up. Physics is a complex field as it is a complex world we live in. Get as many views as you can and draw your own conclusions like any good scientist does.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I guess I am at the "What next?" or the "What then?" analytical point's of thinking. There has been a lot of postulation's with the artifacts left behind from the "Big Bang" theory, just don't know which one is more applicable here for an answer.
As a person of understanding of these matters by way of what I have learned/read from other scientific studies, there leaves a whole scenario of explanation event theories that could very well apply. And for the initiation of new sciences and discoveries as we traverse down this road of knowledge and learning, it may very well be that we may have to rewrite our thinking book for the truth of the matters at hand.
I do believe the Universe "IS" expanding, but if dark/anti matter has elasticity, it would leave one to think that the big bang hasn't had it's "Recoil" or "Implosion" effect as of yet. If the bubble Universe is a reality and we are amongst as many Universe's as we are stars that are visible to us (Which I think has hit a number close to 300-400 Sextrillion) there are endless and countless bit's of information that have to be found yet.
And if the "Bubble Universe" is what we have as reality, does this mean that we may possibly run into another one causing a sort of "Metamorphosis" of the two colliding?
Just so many possibilities and out comes, especially as I was just getting use to the fact that Einsteins theory had been proven factual and concurrent with modern day analogies and scrutinizes.
But as you had mentioned, there is so much that we don't know, we are bound to get tripped up in our self gratifying answer's sooner or later with new methodologies and information from such study's.
Thanks for posting your thoughts, it was graciously read and accepted!!

join