It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled student protestor dragged from wheelchair by the police?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just came across this on BBC News night, a video of a disabled student protestor being allegedly dragged from his wheel chair. I say allegedly as from the video clip it is difficult to see what really happens I'll leave you to make your own judgements.

edit on 13-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
too dark to see whats going on...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The crucial bit is from 1.30 to 1.39 but whoever is filming, turns around in the opposite direction. It does appear to show someone being pulling from their wheel chair. I have no idea why this would happen. Unless perhaps he refused to move and the police couldn't wheel him as he was stopping the wheels from moving. Weird one.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have just come across this interview with the man in question, although this interview is pretty nasty, implying a man in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy is capable of somehow taking on the police. I have just made a complaint to ofcom for the way in which this interview was conducted.

if you feel the same here's ofcoms website consumers.ofcom.org.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for posting that interview. This guy is clearly disabled but his mind works perfectly. I love how he didn't allow the reporter to corner him or trap him with his irrelevant sideshow questions.

You really do not see too much in the original video, but the crowd reaction says a lot to me. What ever happened, it was enough to make a crowd of people surround him and chase off the police. That speaks volumes to me. We have seen many many police abuse videos. We often see people yell at the police. There are very very few where a crowd gets so angry with what they have seen that they react physically. I think the young man said it best, do you really think a man with palsy, in a wheelchair, being pushed by another person, poses a threat of any kind to an army of armed and trained police?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The police are using the tactic of boxing in protesters with sterile environments in order to incite violence. Dogs might be somewhat docile in confined spaces... People not so much. Another common practice is to embed their own officers to dirty up the message. I bet you'd be surprised at who's launching "missiles." I must say... The BBC is leading in one category for certain. Leading questions.

CX

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Funny how they don't show the clip from earlier where this guy was walking (admittedly holding onto rails for support) and the police were pleading with his brother to get him back into his wheelchair for his own safety.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not condoning pulling someone from a wheelchair, that video does of course look very wrong.

We are not getting the whole picture here, i am sure of it. So if anyone is going to post videos and slate the police, lets wait for the whole picture first eh? If the police are out of order, by all means slate them.

CX.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The guy in the wheel chair had best get some water proofs, the next time he wants to protest. As the police now want rubber bullets and water cannons. To use on people who have a right to protest. What gets me about all these cuts, Is that these benifits and free education. Were paid for with the lives and blood of our ancestors. Who laid down their lives in crazy wars for the rich elite types, who are now butchering the system that our fathers fought and died for.
The police were totally out of order on that protest march. The whole kettling thing and dogs/horses being used against people, is wrong. They should be kettling the banksters and the lying thieving politicians.

new topics

top topics

join