It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by Danbones
the list is a list of claimed anomolies
you have several hundered left to debunk
I only need one that you don't

Instead, why don't you tell us which one is the true claim? As you say, you only need one. As it is, you have none. Zero.

Why should we play some ridiculous, endless game of historical whack-a-mole? I mean, when does it stop? These idiots can invent new stories quicker than anyone can debunk them - it's up to you to provide the evidence of your claims.

time is a wastin.

Certainly is. I wasted 5 minutes wading through a bunch of well know hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Wow quite interesting, I wish I could go in explore some of these places... although I doubt that'll happen.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Instead, why don't you tell us which one is the true claim? As you say, you only need one. As it is, you have none. Zero.

Why should we play some ridiculous, endless game of historical whack-a-mole? I mean, when does it stop? These idiots can invent new stories quicker than anyone can debunk them - it's up to you to provide the evidence of your claims.

time is a wastin.

Hmmmm.... I think I have to call BS. But let me be sure;

Are you saying that you are so well versed in the subject of out of place artifacts that you were able to "waste 5 Minutes of your time" and surmise that the entire rather lengthy list were all bogus? Really? In five minutes, impressive.
It would seem that one as knowledgeable as you on the subject must have a great interest in same subject. That makes me skeptical of your skepticism! That makes me wonder why the interest? Could it be that you are on the fence but in denial? Or maybe you plan to lead a great crusade against all those that don't have the same opinions as you and you have made it your mission to learn all you can about that their idiotic theories so you can waste your time debunking them.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by CayceFan
Although I realize you are being sarcastic and failed to answer any direct questions that appeared in my post I'll be the better poster for the sake of two sided conversation.

Ok, I've reviewed your posts and this is what I have found as direct questions of me (and I quote):
"...how would you purpose one prove something to you via the internet? "

"If you are use to finding prove of subjects of this nature I would be curious to learn how that works."

Both questions, same answer...direct me to a professional or academic assessment in a peer-reviewed publication. Happens all the time. I've done it on this thread. Others provide me with direction and info. Or one may deal directly with experts of all stripes. Did a live forum with Tom Dillehay once...all on the web.

...and a request of me: "...acknowledge that if one were true that it may open your mind to be more ready to accept that your idea of human history as you've read it (without proof interestingly enough) may not follow the course you've been taught to believe."

Surely. In fact I walk the walk. I've studied archaeology and practice it on a limited basis. I have also worked and walked on the fringes and talked to its practitioners. All this as a layman.

My mind is already open...but not enough for my brains to fall out.

Fair enough. Thank you for your replies.

I did express that I was not here to try and prove anything so I wont be looking for any academic and/or peer reviewed publications. I'll assume that you have read any that may interest you already. My point was merely to support the other posters comment regarding "only one needs to be correct." it sounds like we are in agreement

One more thing though (Not really relating this comment to you). The quote about open mindness and your brain falling out- while cute is really another diversion used many times over on these threads to try and be-little someone else's independent thinking!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To answer the question in the OP ( the title )

Because history is written by the winners....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The quote about open mindness and your brain falling out- while cute is really another diversion used many times over on these threads to try and be-little someone else's independent thinking!

It merely references the important distinction between independent thinking and aggressive stupidity.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

The quote about open mindness and your brain falling out- while cute is really another diversion used many times over on these threads to try and be-little someone else's independent thinking!

It merely references the important distinction between independent thinking and aggressive stupidity.

I am aware of its intent. My point is that it is often used out of context.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If one can consider the spontaneous time travels and teleportations and that they
can be not only spontaneous but connected with the rest unexplainable the
possibilities grow innumerable. And there is even a theory explaining the artefacts
as falling through changing to their dark matter phase. I would use the Okama
rasor in the opposite way, connecting all unexplainable and contradicting it to all
"easy explainable" because the latter can be very convinient for someone and for
the lazy minds relying on others.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Because they rarely have definite proof.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"Near Montauk, Long Island, New York—1990—large machine-like components covered with undecipherable glyphs, excavated from glacial morainal till—estimated 65,000 years old"

This one I have never heard of.
A Google search only turned up links back to the original website.
Does anyone have anything on that?
I mean c'mon, it was just 1990, info should be plentiful.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Are you saying that you are so well versed in the subject of out of place artifacts that you were able to "waste 5 Minutes of your time" and surmise that the entire rather lengthy list were all bogus? Really? In five minutes, impressive.

In 5 minutes I recognised numerous well known hoaxes in the list, which shows the site the site is highly unreliable, and therefore not worth further effort.

If I pick up a newspaper and the front page has howlers like claiming India is a small country in Africa and the Prime Minister of the UK is Justin Bieber; I'm not going to continue reading the whole paper in the hope that they get one thing right. I'll just chuck it.
edit on 12/12/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

That being said, just a text from you or Harte or the others here that seem to be so convinced with the accuracy of our history books (makes ya wonder why you frequent such "ridiculous" threads as these)

No, actually, it makes me wonder why you and others state lies as fact and insist even the most ridiculous items of your faith are true but "quashed by TPTB!!!"

I mean, if you actually have absolutely no evidence other than a list someone typed on some webpage, what are you doing pretending it is "fact?"

And since changing our opinions is seemingly your goal prepare for the "snarky tones" and the demands of "other posters do work" to change our minds.

Hope that helps!

Okay.

I know for a fact what happened over the last ten million years on Earrh. Every single day of it. Because I've been alive that long.

Now, it's your job to prove me wrong.

Harte

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I know for a fact what happened over the last ten million years on Earrh. Every single day of it. Because I've been alive that long.

Harte

oh boy. its the Ask the Omniscient game.

dear diety

i have been reading some stuff lately and i would just like a bit of confirmation if i could. i have included pictures and the google earth coordinates [as if you need them].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
could you tell me when this 1800 hectare city was built and by whom

coordinates: 45.934468,21.23816

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
could you tell me when this large lightbulb shaped structure was built and by whom

coordinates: 45.995873,21.210651

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
could you tell me when this large rectangular structure was built and by whom

coordinates: 45.015059,21.015816

by the way, thanks for answering those other prayers.
p

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

That being said, just a text from you or Harte or the others here that seem to be so convinced with the accuracy of our history books (makes ya wonder why you frequent such "ridiculous" threads as these)

No, actually, it makes me wonder why you and others state lies as fact and insist even the most ridiculous items of your faith are true but "quashed by TPTB!!!"

I mean, if you actually have absolutely no evidence other than a list someone typed on some webpage, what are you doing pretending it is "fact?"

And since changing our opinions is seemingly your goal prepare for the "snarky tones" and the demands of "other posters do work" to change our minds.

Hope that helps!

Okay.

Harte

What lies is it that Ive stated? I've not made a claim as to the validity of anything posted here. I have also made no claims of faith nor cover ups by TPTB. Ive merely pointed out your lack of logic and debating skills.

Actually, no it isn't. My job here would be simply to completely dismiss your claim as I would have no interest in your lunacy. Do you see the difference?

You've actually helped me make my point. Why come here and engage if you think there is nothing to the OP's claim? Had I saw your claim posted in a new thread I wouldn't feel the need to read and certainly would not comment on yours or any post of that nature. Yet you pretend to think that you feel the claims made regarding out of place artifacts are of no interest to you. If I was interested in the colors blue, red and yellow I wouldn't Google/research the color green.

edit on 12-12-2010 by CayceFan because: oppsie

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
like I have said the list is a place to start.
science has made a lot of claims that turn out to be hoaxes too
how quickly that seems to be forgotten
like global warming.

Even Darwin said evolution appears to work for everything except for man
who he thought came along to quickly...

this thread is also about the billions that believe that a god created the earth and everything in it
bible.cc...
this interesting i thunk

a comparison of the bible verses from genesis from a bunch of different bibles
does the variation make them automativcally incorrect
and what about the billions that believe in this history?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In 5 minutes I recognised numerous well known hoaxes in the list, which shows the site the site is highly unreliable, and therefore not worth further effort.

If I pick up a newspaper and the front page has howlers like claiming India is a small country in Africa and the Prime Minister of the UK is Justin Bieber; I'm not going to continue reading the whole paper in the hope that they get one thing right. I'll just chuck it.
edit on 12/12/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

you have a lot of supposition and innuendo, I only had to read the first couple of faux suppositions and then I realized your whole post was a worthless piece of poo...

sorry just kidding i actually took the time to read the whole post

if you are looking for a needle in a haystack and you quit after the first couple of pieces of straw where are you?
if the first two women you meet in your life are unattractive are all women unattractive...?
quitters never win

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

harte lost a debate on another thread
he is beating up on you because of that
sorry for him

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

time is a wastin.

which is a good list of supposed anomolies

from the OP
what part of the word "supposed" don't you understand?
sorry pal
you can get your money back at the door

edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

interesting links thanks
I have no idea what they might be or from whom

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette

the list is a list of claimed anomoliesyou have several hundered left to debunk
get on it
time is a wastin.

What gives you the right to adopt such a snarky tone, and demand that other posters go do work for you? You are the one making extraordinary claims, so maybe it should be you that should do some work and prove convincingly that just one of these so-called anomalies actually is what it claims it to be, rather than linking to a long list of dubious claims and demanding other people debunk it.

However if your scientific research skills resemble your typing ability, I won't be holding my breath, waiting for your remarkable discoveries.

a good list of supposed anomalies

again my question was

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

I know some noticed it
the rudes did not

I'll quit flagging and starring my OP just for you dear.

please don't hold your breath

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join