It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Should Be Against The Law

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

Let's see...the Crusades were....oh......ten centuries ago. And America wasn't even a country back then.

And how many centuries ago was the Quran written? If you want to ban Islam you may as well ban Christianity and Judaism.

Pennsylvania State University humanities professor Philip Jenkins

[I]n terms of ordering violence and bloodshed, any simplistic claim about the superiority of the Bible to the Koran would be wildly wrong. In fact, the Bible overflows with “texts of terror,” to borrow a phrase coined by the American theologian Phyllis Trible. The Bible contains far more verses praising or urging bloodshed than does the Koran, and biblical violence is often far more extreme, and marked by more indiscriminate savagery. … If the founding text shapes the whole religion, then Judaism and Christianity deserve the utmost condemnation as religions of savagery.

Link

Quote from the Bible. God tells Moses:

But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them—the Hittite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite—just as the Lord your God has commanded you, lest they teach you to do according to all their abominations which they have done for their gods, and you sin against the Lord your God.[4] So Joshua [Moses' successor] conquered all the land: the mountain country and the South and the lowland and the wilderness slopes, and all their kings; he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord, God of Israel had commanded.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I would be delighted if all religions were banned lol

so many wars fought in the name of god and not one war fought in the name of satan

lets all just choose to be nice to each other and follow the laws of the land and not bother with all the mythology which religion is

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

How many muslims do you personally know?
Have you fully educated yourself on the MAJORITY of faithful Muslims?

Look, I understand the frustration, but the majority of what we see done in the name of Islam is done by a small percentage of radicals, vs. the masses.

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't be circumspect. We should. But Christianity and other religions have their fanatics too. I've personally lived in the Middle East (born in the good old US of A though), and without exception, they've all been just like you and me. They go to work, school, care for their families, etc. I think the biggest reason they usually have totalitarian government, is simply their lack of interest in anything outside the family.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
take a look at this not all Muslims are radical only a small portion that are old fashion might be that spoils them all...

take a look at some muslin countries such as Turkey Bosnia Albanian Kosovo and some Persian country's that live life like western Europeans and north-america.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join