It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A third Industrial revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This thread is based on the assumption that there is indeed a variety of recovered ET technology hidden in underground bases around the world, and that we have managed to reverse engineer some of it, as the conspiracy theories assert.

I’ll try to get to the point as quickly as possible.
Is it possible that some of these technologies could be used to spur a third industrial revolution?

I remember reading the book “The day after Roswell” by Phil Corso. In it he describes how he was partly responsible for ensuring that recovered ET components were quietly slipped into the regular army R&D stream. This resulted in the development of some modern day tech such as microchips, lasers and night vision. Even if he isn’t telling the truth the sequence of events he described is still plausible.

The first two industrial revolutions were spurred by the mechanization of industry, the introduction of steam engines, the rise of the factory/production line ethic etc. These revolutions increased the standard of living substantially for many, and are also directly responsible for the sharp rise in population due to the increased availability of food.

The US was particularly fortunate to have the bulk of the Worlds manufacturing capacity after WW2, something which it capitalized on resulting in the prosperity of the past century.

To change tack…
Looking at present day America, it is widely perceived that some of the economic woes are in part due to the offshoring of jobs, in particular light and heavy industries. Even if these jobs were to be repatriated, it is unlikely that the US companies in question could compete on the same level due to initial startup costs, minimum wage and industry regulations to name a few that come to mind. They would be a few steps behind the competition.

So how does the US revive its crumbling economy?
There are two ways with which we have become familiar.

There is war. The US already did that and is still paying for it. To add insult to injury, the Chinese are benefitting most from the business and oil coming out of Iraq. War allows countries to buy expensive weapons, and in the case of the US, to buy expensive weapons from itself, but it would seem that the US is hemorrhaging dollars in the Middle East, dollars it needs to borrow.

There is also technological development, and this is where the speculation starts. We have conspiracy theories purporting that the US military industrial complex is sitting on cheap alternative energy sources, advanced methods of transport, and even vehicles capable of space travel. Some might consider me naïve even for suggesting this, but do you think it is possible for this technology to” seeded” into the industrial stream, in order to start the next industrial revolution? If the technology exists, would this not be a good way to take advantage of it?

Consider that the rest of the world is becoming increasingly oil dependent. Nations proudly proclaim economic growth figures, but none of this is sustainable due to oil and coal being finite resources.
The “head in the sand” mantra is that when oil starts to run low, we will look to alternative fuel sources. Yes, this is already happening on the small scale, but no governments have fully embraced a move away from oil.

More speculation: If the US were to be the first country to embrace a new technology on a large scale, and move away from oil dependency, would this not deal a crippling blow to BRIC? This would turn the “game” on its head when no-one would be prepared for it. Assuming that this tech would help the US generate twice the power at half the cost, build weapons that would render current equipment useless, build flying vehicles that could utilize forms of antigravity, build cars that could run on water…how would rival nations respond to this?
They would probably choose to do business or go to war, but that’s enough speculation on my part.

Do I think that something of this magnitude could in fact be coordinated by the elite, politicians and industry leaders? I think capitalism trumps patriotism nine times out of ten. But if both could be used to make a profit, then just maybe.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think that's a very possible path the future could take.

But I don't think it will come from the US, I think it will probably come from India or China.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is the sum of all issues.
S&F.
Disclosure about ET technologies or not, the future of the grow and development of human kind in the very next future is ONLY "The High Jump" in Space.

Space is "The New Frontier".

As for the new age of Christofor Columbus.

Wer have no Choice. One way. And FAST.

Or Extintion in a few decades.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

You are probably right about it possibly coming from them, but why would China and India continue so agressively aloong their current path of development if they were intending to change it in the near future?

I would choose China over India. I think that type of change would be easier under their structures.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks,
If global warming, man made or not, does continue at the current rate, then you are probably right.
Space would be the only way out.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'd like to hear more opinions before this thread fades away

A country like the US could stand to gain economically from a move like this, not so?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's a good idea in theory and it makes sense, but we live in a slash and burn economy. People want money fast, they don't care about sustainability or the greater good.

The odds are about as likely as the area 51 base commander posting the clearence codes to access the level 50 basement were ET's are stored.

Originally posted by Bagel
I'd like to hear more opinions before this thread fades away

A country like the US could stand to gain economically from a move like this, not so?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

If they would finally release the hover car we could sell that and save ourselves...

but if we did release just SOME of our black ops equipment and pretend like we just invented it i think that'd help, too...

unfortunately i don't see that happening as TPTB want the tech for themselves

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This would have to be apolitical initiative, with the backing of the elite or those in control of all this tech.
As you say, it makes sense in theory, perhaps as a tool to reclaim power and position in the world.

Phil Corso mentioned many times in his book that one of the biggest reasons for the secrecy and compartmentalisation of projects, was the fact that the soviets had infilitrated the US government and military so deeply that agencies couldn't really trust eachother. They chose to work independently in most cases resulting in no-one knowing what the other had.

I wonder what the situation is like these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe that is why the U.S Government is letting all these third world countrys build up and holding back on our rich oil reserves. We will hit all at once when all others are hurting for cheap power. The NWO is waiting for the right time and China is really moving their plans up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Wouldn't mind a hover boad

I'm sure the chinese would have ten knock offs even before the thing goes on sale

It would have to be more along the lines of power generation and fuel sources. Those can turn things around quite fast.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a nice piece I saw on ICH a few days back.

The decline and fall of the american empire.

It's about the stages of decline of the US, and what the future might hold.

Now that I think of it...Even if the tech was released, it would never be used to benefit the whole country/economy.
People are too greedy for that I'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

join