It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Cost of Gas $5.60 to $15.14 a Gallon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The ultimate result of the externalization of such a large portion of the real price of gasoline is that consumers have no idea how much fueling their cars actually costs them. The majority of people paying just over $1 for a gallon of gasoline at the pump has no idea that through increased taxes, excessive insurance premiums, and inflated prices in other retail sectors that that same gallon of fuel is actually costing them between $5.60 and $15.14.
www.icta.org...

This was a very interesting report that I read. Everyone should read it really. It basically is saying through tax breaks for oil companies, the health problems realted to car exhaust raising insurance costs and also the cost of protecting our oil reserves militarily we are spending alot more that 1.79 on a gallon of gas.

Our dependancy on middle eastern oil is disgusting and spending billions upon billions on it is even worse. Me like many others would love to see alternative fuels implemented with the money being spent on the war in iraq. But the oil crooks are the ones in power and things will not change as long as they are. What we need is a man whose money is made from ketchup not oil and we might see a change.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me one bit. When the Medicare benefit laws were signed into effect, the price of drugs and doctor/hospital visits went up. Not the exact same thing, but it shows how low prices get carried over so that these greedy corporations can profit exponentially.

new topics

join