It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS story may effect your children's future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just saw this article about how researching or blogging about the Wikileaks story may effect our younger generations chances of getting certain jobs. It also mentions the possibility of people losing jobs for researching the subject. COME ON! Its only the top news story out there right now. If you ask me that is just ridiculous, what has the world come to? Here is the link to the story... www.cnn.com...
edit on 8-12-2010 by luchini33334 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I just noticed the story went "official." Seriously, everyone is reading about wikileaks, so I doubt they will be able to hire anyone in the future, literally.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by luchini33334
I just saw this article about how researching or blogging about the Wikileaks story may effect our younger generations chances of getting certain jobs. It also mentions the possibility of people losing jobs for researching the subject. COME ON! Its only the top news story out there right now. If you ask me that is just ridiculous, what has the world come to? Here is the link to the story... www.cnn.com...

The more people that participate in wiki leaks the more impractical it is for TPTB to do anything about it...they cannot effectively enforce anything on masses without resorting to underhanded dirty tricks that manipulate us.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If they are going to screw my job chances because I know their dirty, filthy secrets. Then to hell with them. # them. I'll get a job causing them strife so they can't # the world anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That is just too crazy for my brain to even begin to comprehend but I suppose with all of us losing our jobs some of the current unemployed will get some relief

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The american goverment has already stated that any federal employee found to be looking at said secret documents will immediatly be fired. American universities are also urgeing students who wish to get a goverment job to no look at the material as it may inadvertently affect thier chances of working for them.

But for what its worth im gonna thow my 2 cents in here. We have allowed people to take power and make decisions for us, if we do not agree with them and rebel against thease decisions we are aparently breaking the law and labled as terrorist or traitors.

This has to end NOW. The hacking group "anonymous" have been attacking all kinds of institutions, Mastercard, Visa, Paypal and i ever heard one of thier next targets is Interpol.....INTERPOL! Thease are some seriously pissed off people who hate being censored of having misjustice placed apon them and the world.

Its a classic example of a rebel revolt. The goverments of the world have (either directly or indirectly) played a crappy game of chess with our lives and have made a complete mess of the world. 90% of the population live in poverty, pensioners are dying of cold weather due to fuel bills, they have intoxicated out planet with pollution and have stolen our money unfairly (See the 1000's of threads about goverment spending).

My point is if you want the best start for your childeren in life, join the revolution and help put the goverments back on the stright an narrow. They need to be made to understand that they work for the people, not the other way around. Id have serious thoughts about bringing a child into this world they way it is, some could call it an act of cruelty.

Just some food for thought about how bad we are treated by the goverment.....

- It costs money to be born...who pays the hospital fees?
- It costs extorinate amounts of money to live....the average household has to spend 125% of thier income to live "normally" 25% more then they earn.
- It costs money to die....health insurance, funeral costs, tax on inheritence.

Which ever way you look at it the world is a car wreck because we have allowed people whith false promises to to make decisions for us. We have given them virtuatly unlimeted power and they have abused it.

Time to take it back and make the world right again.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luchini33334

I don't think it'll matter. Because anyone who wants to get a job working with the security/intelligence services won't after they've read those documents.

It cancels itself out.
Most of those who want to work in such a field (and I did want to once) would aspire to defend their country. They view their country/leadership/government through rose tinted glasses. After reading these documents all those naive beliefs should be gone, and with it any respect for the security/intelligence services.

However the media tries to spin it, THIS IS ALL THEIR FAULT (and by their I mean the government). They broke laws, they were corrupt, they used unethical and immoral methods, they lied they stole the cheated and they did just about everything they felt they could get away with.

And instead of being sorry, they demand that it is their right and that the very fact that others now know their secrets is somehow wrong. The people are not wrong for wanting to know. WL is not wrong for leaking it. THE GOVERNMENT IS WRONG FOR DOING ALL OF THIS TO BEGIN WITH!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by luchini33334

I don't think it'll matter. Because anyone who wants to get a job working with the security/intelligence services won't after they've read those documents.

It cancels itself out.
Most of those who want to work in such a field (and I did want to once) would aspire to defend their country. They view their country/leadership/government through rose tinted glasses. After reading these documents all those naive beliefs should be gone, and with it any respect for the security/intelligence services.

However the media tries to spin it, THIS IS ALL THEIR FAULT (and by their I mean the government). They broke laws, they were corrupt, they used unethical and immoral methods, they lied they stole the cheated and they did just about everything they felt they could get away with.

And instead of being sorry, they demand that it is their right and that the very fact that others now know their secrets is somehow wrong. The people are not wrong for wanting to know. WL is not wrong for leaking it. THE GOVERNMENT IS WRONG FOR DOING ALL OF THIS TO BEGIN WITH!

What this guy said lol you tell em man

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I just noticed the story went "official." Seriously, everyone is reading about wikileaks, so I doubt they will be able to hire anyone in the future, literally.

Kind of funny if you think about it....The government just gave itself a fatal wound. It'll bleed out and die, it may take a while, but...it'll happen. And it's their own fault lol.

edit on 8-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join