It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to feel free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
First you have to reach up into the highest part of your mind. When you start to feel your mental activity begin to accelerate. Then you have to know that your soul is independent from your body. Focus on separating from your body, to the point where you are no longer aware of your body's sensations. Actively engage in this transcendence of body until there remains nothing physical you feel at all. At this point open your mind and experience what it is that you see. The emptiness opens up into a world of light and illumination. Freedom.

Otherwise known as Samadhi, out of body experiences, or moksha (liberation), Ananda (supreme bliss), Nirvana (extinguishing of aggregates), God (highest creator) Godhead (highest Good of the highest God), Perfection, Infinity, Absolute, The Good, The Supreme Soul, The Light within the Soul, Enlightenment, Transcendence, Perfect Peace, True Happiness, The One, etc, etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Interesting point of view, but for me, feeling free came from hurtling down into the darkest reaches of hell and understanding that there was no further I could go.

Life is a rollercoaster, and with the momentum gathered in that descent, I was FREE to make the plunge and go careering up the other side, out of the pit, into the sky and beyond.

To understand the light, I HAD to understand the dark and realise it was a necessity.

Nothing to do with god aswell....just me, myself and I.

Weeeee!
edit on 8/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Oh i like this thread! Hahaha

I think there are many ways to feel free, and its probably more tailored to the individual. What you said though could definately be a way to feel free.

To me, freedom is a state of mind where the weight of the world is lifted off your shoulders, and your mind body and spirit are balanced and at peace.
A way that i think you can feel free is by being comfortable with yourself, but balancing it so your not vain or materialistic. Your mind by exploring your thoughts and having a positive outlook, and your spirit by creating your own philosophy and living through with it accordingly.
Also, another way i think you can feel free is to be selfless. When you give to someone who truly wants your help and you arent doing it for anything rather than to be nice, Its the best feeling ever. You feel like your floating.
Altruism is definatly a contributor

But ofcourse, dont let yourself be used and abused.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
In jogging or running, we use to call this.
Going Over The Wall. The mind seperates from the
body. Is a very good feeling or a Natural High.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree with littlecloud, fun thread.

The times in my life when I can say I felt truly free where the times I realized nothing really mattered. For me it was the realization that although I might feel physical pain, although day to day events might not go my way, nothing could truly hurt me. All those things that I worry about everyday are so transient when I step back from them that it is almost laughable. I realize that even the worst physical pain and death isn't to be feared because if it were to be experienced, it would be the blinking of a cosmic eye and when it was over "I" the soul "me" would still be intact and unharmed.

I guess to summarize... when I have come to those moments when I truly realized nothing really matters, it was in those moments of clarity that I felt free. It's funny though, you can't focus on that feeling of freedom and still participate in the drama of day to day life, so you have to actively forget your free in order to act out your role while your here.

new topics

top topics

join