It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supplements now banned in most western countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's finally here. Governments and big pharma. now own your body. The irony is that it is the left, who run these countries, who decided that their citizens should have no control over their own health. It's still possible to get many supplements in the US, but I expect that right will disappear soon. Just look at the banned list for Canada, from one major supplement supplier:
www.swansonvitamins.com...

# Aconitum species (napellum and others)
# Arnica (oral)
# Angelica
# Barberry (Berberis vulgaris)
# Bayberry
# Belladonna
# Bittersweet
# Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
# Black Cohosh
# Blood Root
# Bryonia alba
# Camphor
# Celandine (Chelidonium majus)
# Chaparral
# Colchicum chichum (Autumn crocus)
# Comfrey
# Cinchona officinalis
# Conium maculatum
# Cramp Bark (Virbunum opulus)
# Croton tiglium
# DHEA
# Dong Quai
# Gelsemium sempervirens
# Goldenseal (Hydrastis)
# Gotu Kola
# Helonias (False Unicorn)
# Hoodia
# Horse Chestnut
# Euphorbium Officinarum
# Hydrastis canadensis
# Ignatia
# Juniper Berries
# L-Carnitine
# L-Tryptophan
# Lithium
# Lobelia
# Magnolia officinalis
# Melatonin
# Metabromine
# Peony
# Petroselinum sativum
# Phytolacca decandra
# Poison Oak (Rhus toxicodendron)
# Probiotics/Acidophilus
# Progesterone
# Ruta graveolens
# Sabadilla
# Sage oil
# Sanguinaria canadensis
# Slippery Elm
# Theobromine
# Thuja
# Uva Ursi
# Yohimbe
# Viscum Album (Mistletoe)
# Vitamin D >1000IU/Day
# Wintergreen

I think they should have included their fish oil products, since fish oil, is banned in most countries now. One thing I'm surprised at is that melatonin is nearly universally banned, despite it's many health benefits and safety. They created a hysteria over possible virus transfers. I don't think anyone has actually died using melatonin, but plenty have died using big pharma med.s, including over the counter preparations.

It's so sad to see what sheeple we've created in the West. Our doom and slavery can not be far off.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The sad thing is that most people are unaware of these laws now and won't find out till they try and purchase a herb or whatever that has been helping them.

By the time everyone that uses them become aware, it will have been already to late.

I was a victim of these ludicrous laws when I went to get a chemical that prevents damping off in seedlings. I had used this product for over 35 years and now it is banned in Canada..

I wish "they" would just leave us alone and decide for ourselves what is good for us or not. Soon I am afraid, I will be breaking the law in order to grow my own herbs that I have come to depend on.

Bah, I am one pissed off individual here.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A lot of these items you can make yourself. The plants grow wild, which you can cultivate and grow yourself. Just learn which parts of the plant to use and when/how to use them.

Make sure you make a pest of yourself calling the people that make these laws and get others to do it as well.

This is despicable.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
are you sure this is the case/ I use supplements all the time and I'll be damned if some politician or anyone will tell me no!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
are you sure this is the case/ I use supplements all the time and I'll be damned if some politician or anyone will tell me no!

I was ordering some supplements when I got hit by this. I think a couple of my items were banned. There are a few I depend on critically. Apparently in the US, CA has a banned list nearly as long. CA is also the first state to ban a number of alternative treatments for cancer.

What happened to the Libertarian wing of the democratic party? The founder of the democratic party was the one who said, "That government is best which governs least". Why do liberals want to control every aspect of everyone's life. Can't they just leave us alone? I think these laws demand civil disobedience, at least in the US. I view them as unconstitutional.

(post by DeVante1992 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dont worry now you can get Human Growth Hormone from your doctor, just ask!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

Nevertheless things will change for the better simply because momentum coming from the new internet windows opening up fresh views to real cures and better remedies from natural sources will feed these sources with money and bigPharma will dry up. The question is only how long. In fact, the reason you posted this interesting article is one such demonstration. In the end, Good shall vanquish Evil.

top topics

join