It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special Report on the BP Gulf Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is a report on the situation in the gulf by Dr. Tom Termotto. He has be doing the research for 7 months and has published his report. Its a long read but I think it is worth it.

phoenixrisingfromthegulf.wordpress.com...

The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas. Hence, we publish these findings in order that the world community will come together to further contemplate this dire and demanding predicament. We also do so with the hope that an appropriate global response will be formulated, and acted upon, for the sake of future generations. It is the most basic responsibility for every civilization to leave their world in a better condition than that which they inherited from their forbears.

Just how bad is this situation? There are actually three different ongoing disasters – each more grave and challenging than the previous one – which must be considered when assessing the awesome destruction to the GOM by the Oil & Gas Industry.

I. A single gushing well at 7o – 100,000 barrels per day of hydrocarbon effluent for 87 days into the GOM at the Macondo Prospect along with two smaller rogue wells

II. Numerous leaks and seeps within five to ten square miles of the Macondo well with an aggregate outflow of an unknown amount of hydrocarbon effluent per day into the GOM

III. Countless gushers and spills, leaks and seeps, throughout the Gulf of Mexico, where drilling has been conducted for many decades, with an aggregate outflow that can not even be estimated, but is well in excess of any guesstimate which would ensure the slow and steady demise of the GOM.

The Macondo Prospect in the GOM is just one of many throughout the oceans of the world where the seafloor has beds of methane hydrate locked in place by very high pressure and low temperatures.

There is no question that the ceaseless fracturing of the seafloor and fissuring of the sub-seafloor geology by the Oil & Gas Industry has set up a quite conducive environment for HUGE unintended consequences. We leave it up to the experts to conduct the necessary risk assessments, which will most assuredly let loose a sea of red flags about what Big Oil has done, and is currently doing, in the Gulf of Mexico. Furthermore, we are deeply concerned that, if a permanent moratorium on all new oil and gas drilling and extraction in the GOM is not put into place poste haste, the coastal communities will remain in a very precarious situation.

The Gulf of Mexico is Dying.
Both of these problems are highly consequential and therefore merit separate papers in order to give them the treatment they deserve, if we are to understand why the GOM is slowly dying. Until those papers are completed, we offer the following short summaries:

#1 The wanton and indiscriminate use of the dispersant, Corexit, turned an extremely serious regional disaster into an unmitigated global catastrophe.

#2 The deeper the geological source of the hydrocarbons, the more radioactive isotopes present in the oil and gas.

here are other news articles with the report:

www.americanchronicle.com...

dprogram.net...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

atlanticfreepress.com...

edit on 7-12-2010 by Forgoten_Whisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I doubt this will get much play in the MSM, as nothing important truly does. However any one of his findings alone can have global consequences and we may never know the true extent of this disaster. I think this thing can and will have consequences 200 years from now. At the very least this will completely change the ecosystems of the gulf forever, if not the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Its funny how we haven't heard anything more about it... Like even when it was in it's prime there was still bugger all coverage on it. I had to actually do a decent bit off searching to find out what was really going on, like BP had brought up all the search results or something... Wouldn't surprise me anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forgoten_Whisper
This is a report on the situation in the gulf by Dr. Tom Termotto. He has be doing the research for 7 months and has published his report. Its a long read but I think it is worth it.

phoenixrisingfromthegulf.wordpress.com...

The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) does not exist in isolation and is, in fact, connected to the Seven Seas.

The Seven Seas? Was this published on 'talk like a pirate day?'

edit on 7-12-2010 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This is a recap and summary of key turning points leading to the Deepwater Horizon that could have averted the 20 April blowout or at least prevent the disaster from having such a devastating effect. I can’t believe all the goalkeepers at each turning point, missed the ball at each goal post.

If you like to read more on the "Compelling Arguments for a Disaster-in-Making" please follow link below
bklim.newsvine.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4af6d5763094.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dfeff17a220.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join