It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $100bn blunder: Fed forced to 'quarantine' one billion $100 bills after printing error makes t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The $100bn blunder: Fed forced to 'quarantine' one billion $100 bills after printing error makes them worthless Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

A printing problem with the new high-tech $100 bills has forced government printers to shut down production - and to quarantine more than one billion of the notes.
The flawed notes represent more than ten per cent of the U.S. currently on the entire planet.
They are being stored in giant vaults at Fort Worth in Texas and in Washington, DC, as the Federal Reserve desperately tries to resolve the problem.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ooooooooooppps.

This smells really fishy to me. What they didn't realise there was a pronlem until they had printed a 100 billion dollars? thats 1,000,000,000 individual notes before someone said oops we screwed up?!?

Really?

There must be something fraudulent going on because now they are printing the old version:

Meanwhile printers have begun reprinting the old $100 notes - without the high-tech security features and still bearing the signature of George W Bush's chairman of the Federal Reserve, Hank Paulson - in order to prevent a cash flow crisis.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Who needs lots of old $100 dollar bills in circulation? I'll tell you someone with either a lot of stolen money to launder or someone who has a lot of fakes to launder.

Anyone else got a take on this?

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-12-2010 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Um . . . I don't think it was a printing error that made US currency worthless.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is it just me or are we making a lot of mistakes. Remember that thread that 100 trillion was stolen. (could be real/could be fake). what the hell is going on

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hit the nail on the head on this one. If they are worthless, why spend the expense to store them? Wouldn't they recycle the materials to recoup the manufacturing losses? I don't know the entire process, but why store it?

Hmmmm...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It could very well turn into a crisis.

Tonight, and tomorrow, December 7th is the day people around the world are trying to send a message to the banks by withdrawing their money all at the same time, in other words, taking out "cash", which could send the entire fractional reserve system into a tail-spin.

The banks needed to be ready with lots of extra cash than usual to defeat the "protest". Some may have read about Australia's recent problems. The USA could have a major problem on their hands if even just a relatively "few" people demand cash.

Could be, they were hoping to be well ahead of the curve, and had the darnn thing blow up in their face. I wonder how "prepared" the banks will really be tomorrow...

As for me, I already took out plenty of cash today, I'm not going to wait until tomorrow. The line at the ATM made me wonder too...

JR

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join