It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we begin????????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It already lies hidden in the heart of every living being.
Don't seek answers, but feel with your heart, truth is not a fixed point so no path is going to lead to truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Perhaps the attached video can help you answer some of your questions.

Link:
www.youtube.com...

Never stop looking for the answer.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by freedish

Where is the Truth in God? Where is the proof?

It's certainly not a crime to claim God as truth but, is there really any concrete proof that God exists?

Look up. Look down. Look inside. His fingerprint is everywhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

the truth is in Gen 3:19, taking into account Adam just had his eyes opened with knowledge. Before this point in the story he knows nothing of life and death, science or anything ect... he's just frolicking through the garden living it up.

edit on 12/6/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Searching for Truth???

Where does one start?

I can only state where truth-seeking started for me: within. Basically I needed to realize that I was seeing the world, other people, and my relationships with them, the way I wanted to see them. And that there is a reality apart from how I want to see things. Even this is probably a lifelong journey, as I am constantly discovering new pretenses and new biases in myself. So far, this book has helped immensely.

I think once you've come a certain way in getting past your own pretenses and biases, then you can start seeing the world more objectively.

At that point, as others have said in the thread already, it's a matter of perspective. It's like that one quote, no idea who said it, that goes something like: "There are three sides to this story: yours, mine, and the truth, and nobody's lying."

I think, more important than actually having the truth, is a commitment to the truth. If there is a God, only God has the absolute truth. But for a mere mortal, truth is a journey, not a destination. As long as you find yourself constantly dispelling newly discovered falsehoods and seeing things in a more truthful light, you are on the right path.

On the other hand, if you can't remember the last time you've changed your mind about something, then it's probably time to turn inward for some serious introspection, to discover maybe whether you're too emotionally attached to certain opinions of yours.

To some interpretations of spirituality that basically say the Universe is trying to discover itself and does it through its mortal agents, when you are on this path of truth you are basically helping God discover the truth for Himself.

edit on 6-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CthuluPrime

Where does individual happiness come into play? Is happiness not also a "granted" right? How can happiness be discovered when most time is spent digging through the trenches?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

What would you suggest to someone that has looked within and yet, still comes out grasping for air?

What if I think that I am completely empty inside?

What suggestions could you offer to someone in that situation?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

I suppose that is sort of what I am asking??????

What is the point then?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
To some interpretations of spirituality that basically say the Universe is trying to discover itself and does it through its mortal agents, when you are on this path of truth you are basically helping God discover the truth for Himself.

a fine blend of Cosmology and Christianity, I love Sagan myself I still think most science in general is just divination of the truth, but only in parts, so in effect.. deity worship. This other book spoke of it well before hand... this is why I have difficulty with alot of these Nuage religions, they never have knowledge enough of where the philosophy is coming from in the first place, but instead find divinity in the first thing that makes sense to the individual psyche or a limited group of people they manage to make think like them.

edit on 12/6/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
this is why I have difficulty with alot of these Nuage religions, they never have knowledge enough of where the philosophy is coming from in the first place, but instead find divinity in the first thing that makes sense to the individual psyche or a limited group of people they manage to make think like them.

I get that feeling from New Age "spirituality" too. I kind of get the impression a lot of that New Age stuff is basically neurosis elevated to the level of religion.

True spiritual growth is painful. It's the pain of the ego's pretenses failing as you start to uncover your true self. If there's no pain, it's just "spiritual masturbation", to use the first analogy that came to mind, however crude.

Of course, that might just be for a neophyte like me. For an advanced spiritualist (or alternatively, one farther along in the Jungian individuation process), who is not burdened by neurotic baggage, maybe the experience is different. But one thing I know almost for sure is that I will never get to that point until I overcome the neurotic baggage, and that a commitment to truth has so far helped with that immensely. My way is a way of pain, but there is still joy in knowing I have passed a hurdle, whenever I have.

edit on 6-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
NewlyAwakened

What you've said about "New Age" spiritualists (Kalkian personalities), reminds me of how Samael Aun Weor wrote about how eccentricity ought to be avoided by the Spiritual Aspirant, and how neurosis is satanic and should be eliminated from our psyche.

With this, and the topic of this thread in mind, we begin with The Foundation which in the Tree of Life is Yesod:

"Whosoever studies occultism wants direct knowledge, yearns to know how they are doing, wants to know about their own internal progress. The greatest aspiration of every student is to be able to become a conscious citizen of the superior worlds and study at the feet of the Master. Unfortunately, occultism is not as simple as it seems at first glance.

"The internal powers of the human race are completely damaged and atrophied. Human beings have not only lost their physical senses, but moreover, and what is worse, their internal faculties. This has been the karmic result of our bad habits.

"The student searches here and there, reads and rereads any book about occultism and magic that falls into his hands and all the poor aspirant does is fill himself with terrible doubts and intellectual confusion. There are thousands of authors and millions of theories. Some repeat the ideas of others; they in turn refute them, and it is all against one and one against all. Colleagues mutually combat among themselves ridiculing each other.

"Some writers advise devotees to be vegetarians; others say they should not be. Some advise them to practice breathing exercises, others say they should not practice them.

"The result is horrifying for the poor seeker. Thus, the student does not know what to do. Longing for the light, he supplicates, begs, nonetheless, nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing happens. What to do?"

"It is necessary for them to stop theorising. The opium of theories is more bitter than death.

"The only path for re-conquering the lost powers is Sexual Magic. The advantage of the Great Arcanum is that it regenerates the human being. Human beings need to regenerate themselves, and this is not a matter of authors or libraries. We need to work with the grain, the seed. Just as the lizard and the worm can regenerate their tails, likewise humans can also regenerate their lost powers. These animals replace their lost tails with the sexual force they possess. Thus, with the same sexual force humans can replace, re-conquer, their internal powers.

"Therefore, this is the path on which those suffering pilgrims can reach direct knowledge. Thus, they can become true enlightened priests for their fraternal groups. The path is Sexual Magic."

edit on 7-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Searching for Truth???

Where does one start?

Is it even possible?

Is there hope?

I realize that the absolute truth will always be obscure......

I realize that the starting point will ultimately end up lacking an absolute and unacceptable ending....

Yet I still believe in the possibilities of finding true happiness.

Am I wrong for hoping for the best?????

Yes, and no.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
All I think you can do is observe, and once you understand you will seek, once you seek that is for you to keep. Everyone has their own Shangri-La.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
To add on to my previous post, most "New Age" teachings of this Kali Yuga fall under what is related to channelers, psychics, mediums, fortune-tellers, spiritualists, spiritists, pseudo-occultists, pseudo-gnostics, pseudo-rosicrucians, etc., which is all opposite of what is taught by authentic Prophets, Avatars, Apostles, Magi, Buddhas, Mahatmas, Yogis, Gnostics, Rosicrucians, Mystics, Occultists, Initiates, Adepts, etc.

Gnostic Radio: Soothsayers and Prophets

edit on 7-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Am I wrong for hoping for the best?????

No just find faith and he the LORD shall open your eyes faster then any can teach you...
KEEP HOPING FOR THE BEST (it bothers their program of deciet)

edit on 12/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

There is really no point in searching, many have been doing that their whole life and found nothing, simply because there was never something to find that was hidden.
Thats why i said, "it already lies within the heart of every living being".

I think a really good start is to be able to say "i don't know" let me look at it, and learn about it. (not from others or out of books) but through perception.
This world is full of disorder, and it clearly shows that "nobody knows", they think they know and come with there conclusions according to their reality which is based on their education and growing up in tradition, which is their background.
Its like looking through screens that polutes perception.
Well, some know but they cannot change humans, that is up to every human for himself to do.
The reason for this is that without having an real insight, the true nature of it is not understood.
One can give many descriptions, but they are not the described and moreover, the one receiving is following, and being educated.
Wisdom comes from within, not from outside of you.

edit on 7-12-2010 by godddd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join