It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was walking down the side of the road today, carrying my metal detector towards an abandoned train station in hopes of finding some loose coinage from around the turn of the century while thinking about the electrical impulses that happen in the detector whenever it encounters various types of metal when I had a thought. It was two thoughts actually, but I'll address them in sequence.
We all know that thoughts are electro-chemical impulses in the brain between neurons, that's jr. high stuff. But what happens to the electro-chemical "event" when you STOP thinking of the thought you currently had. This leads to the second thought I had. Think of the color red. Now.......think of the color green. Where did the red go? Or better yet, what happened to the electro-chemical power that initiated the thought? Any good ideas on this or is this too deep or too stupid for this board?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

It goes down the rabbit hole Alice.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Well,here is a thought to ponder.

How do you know that the color red or green for that matter is the same color everyone else sees when they see those colors?

It is just your brain telling you that is the color because you as a child was told that that was the color red or green.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

That IS a very good question, one that I have thought of before. What if other people's perception of shades of green would be perceived by me as shades of red? That would make for some very interesting landscapes I would think.
The only reason that I can imagine this would be possible were if there were some sort of difference between the cones in the eyes in question, or in the part of the brain where the information is processed. A variation of your question can be seen in people with color-blindness.

new topics

top topics

join