It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Has Engaged in Attacks Aimed at American Military and Political Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
China Has Engaged in Attacks Aimed at American Military and Political Data
Article: Cables discuss vast hacking by a China that fears the Web

Extensive Chinese hacking operations, including one leveled at Google, are a central theme in the cables. The hacking operations began earlier and were aimed at a wider array of American government and military data than generally known, including attacks on computers of American diplomats preparing positions on a climate change treaty.

When I originally arrived at "Above Top Secret", I expressed my thoughts about the next Cold War. Many people have said that such a conflict between the United States and China was not possible.

That confidence may also reflect what the cables show are repeated and often successful hacking attacks from China on the United States government, private enterprises and Western allies that began by 2002, several years before such intrusions were widely reported in the United States.

Since the beginning of the new millennium, China has been spying on the United States in many forms. Some of those forms of spying include hacking, buying ports, buying power companies, spreading propaganda, and buying American military corporations. China's government has been very hungry for power. While watching these events unfold, I noticed how they have an eerie resemblance to old Cold War tactics.

As one steps back for a moment, you may ask yourself how is China doing this? What people don't understand is that Russia, Iran, and N. Korea fit into the equation. All four nations have been working quietly on nuclear arms, resources, and other military deals. Each of the four countries are building up for an all out war, which will change the face of the world. Who are they after? The United States, India, and Israel specifically.

While I conversed with people about 9/11 conspiracy theories, I warned people to watch out from foreign influences in online propaganda. While researching the origins of the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I did find out that they originated from a French college professor. Since no one questioned the source, the original theory took off into many directions.

Not only is it possible for a foreign country to manipulate another country's citizens on the internet, but it has also been acknowledged by the government officials over in China.

In fact, this spring, around the time of the Google pullout, China’s State Council Information Office delivered a triumphant report to the leadership on its work to regulate traffic online, according to a crucial Chinese contact cited by the State Department in a cable in early 2010, when contacted directly by The New York Times.

The message delivered by the office, the person said, was that “in the past, a lot of officials worried that the Web could not be controlled.”

“But through the Google incident and other increased controls and surveillance, like real-name registration, they reached a conclusion: the Web is fundamentally controllable,” the person said.

Now, many people are going to have their doubts, and I can understand why they might not agree with my 'theory'. Since there is a lot of small pieces missing from this initial post, I will help fill out the gaps as questions arise.

Articles of Interest
Article: How China Steals U.S. Military Secrets

Article: Cables discuss vast hacking by a China that fears the Web

Article: Russia’s Nuclear Deal with Iran

Article: Washington Must Take a Stronger Stand on Russia-Venezuela Nuclear Deal

Article: Russia sells Su-35s to China

As you can tell from the above listed articles, we are looking at a global movement of certain key countries. Russia, China, Iran, and N. Korea are all gunning for power, and they learned to work together in order to obtain it.

Please feel free to comment.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

While researching the origins of the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I did find out that they originated from a French college professor. Since no one questioned the source, the original theory took off into many directions

This is the point where you lost me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

While researching the origins of the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I did find out that they originated from a French college professor. Since no one questioned the source, the original theory took off into many directions

This is the point where you lost me.

I was very tired when I posted this. Sorry for the confusions. I will go back and make things more clear.

Bummer... I forgot about the four hour limit on editing. Grrr...
edit on 5-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join