It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Daleks Exterminated From Newest Dr. Who

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The words, "Seek, locate, exterminate" will be heard no more. At least not in the newest Dr. Who episodes. It seems that the Daleks have gone the way of the dinasour. They are no more. The BBC was unable to reach a copyright agreement with Terry Nation, the creator of the metal monsters. Now Dr. Who will find himself with one less villain to defeat.

BBC - No Daleks in Doctor Who's return
The BBC has confirmed the Daleks will not appear in its new Doctor Who series after a failure to agree terms.

Talks between the BBC and the estate of late sci-fi writer Terry Nation, who created the Daleks, broke down over issues of editorial control.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very sad news. I always felt that the Daleks were one of the best villians on the show. Hopefully, BBC will be able to come up with some sort of replacement, but even then it won't seem the same. The Daleks and Dr. Who go hand in hand like snow on a mountain peak. It's hard to think of one without the other.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Darn, i used to love doctor who when i was younger and watched it on UKGold i think it was. Doctor who without the daleks its hard to imagine.

I hope the cybermen get good eposodes then

Thanks for this news dbates

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

We can't have Dr Who without the Daleks !!! Even though they couldn't climb stairs they were still nasty buggers.

Still, Christopher Eccleston is playing the new Doctor, and given his earlier roles, I expect he will make a good job of it.

BBC News Online asks Doctor Who experts whether Christopher Eccleston will shine as the latest incarnation.

The surprise choice of Eccleston as the ninth Doctor has been widely hailed by fans and critics.

They say Eccleston is an accomplished, serious actor who will bring a gravitas to the 40-year-old role and make it relevant for the age we live in.

Enthusiasts think he may portray a darker character than many of the previous doctors, who were often quirky, offbeat and replete with props.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Official Dr. Who site

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's right! The Daleks would have ruled the world if it wasn't for those darn stairs.
Too bad for them the show wasn't made with handicapp access ramps.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Fans Demand Daleks

UK Tabloid The Sun is launching a fan-based campaign to get Daleks back into the new Dr. Who series.

Daleks invade New York
New York residents are today contemplating how close they came to "extoimination" after the Sun draped a Dalek in the flag of St George and let it loose in Times Square.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Relates News Links
The Sun

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Actually the Daleks can climb stairs. In a series with Sylvestor McCoy as the doctor and Ace as his "assistant" the Daleks went up the stairs with some kind of anti gravity beam below them. They just glided up. So even your bedroom and basement are no longer safe ;-)

regards,

Malcolm

top topics

join