It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day from W.A. ATS Members- My "opinion" Shame on half of you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have been following this site for a few years now and have finally decided to "uncloak" myself and get involved.
I must say this is a great site to discover all of the reports the MSM will not cover to the general public but its a shame this kind of info is not front cover news and we have to put the hard work in to enlighten ourselves.
Media companies make billions of dollars annually to report lies and propaganda, and not saying i believe everything posted on here cause some of it is plain loony, but fact based evidence posted on ATS should be the global news rewarded with a fat juicy salary. Pat on the back for the users doing that work (sorry im broke thats all I can offer)

One thing i wanted to express is my ever growing distaste for the members who are constantly belittling certain threads based on their OPINIONS. Im tired of debunkers and the likes requesting facts and evidence to prove other peoples opinions ( theres that word again "opinion" look it up). Afterall we all have the right of opinion, why cant you people provide proof of your arguement?
Fair enough when a new thread arises claiming "confirmation" or "proof" of something and contains nothing of the type, but if a member posts only his/her thoughts and opinions on a matter without claiming to have "proof" just opinion, then leave them the Snip alone. This aint a school yard, we dont want bullies!!

Anyway I look forward to future threads and if I have anything worth sharing I will, whether it be fact or OPINION.

Hoo Roo

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/12/2010 by Sauron because: Profanity

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Welcome to the ATS frisky one ...

edit on 4 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah? Well, prove it! /sarcasm

Anyhow, I can dig your point. Welcome.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I totally agree with you. There have been good threads ruined by the childish bickering and I won't go back to them. I want the info, not a bunch of squabbling. Welcome to ATS..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I can't believe what you just said until you post a news link to back it up, sorry
/ that was sarcasm

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Gidday Tom,

Kiwi here. I hope I am not one of those bull#ters and crap artists that you hate.

Just want to say welcome, and thanks to OZ from Pike River.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Hoo Roo
Make a ruckus, I like it!

Welcome to the membership!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Amen brother, and welcome!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Welcome, and congrats for joining. I'm fairly new myself.

Opinions are highly overrated. They spring from ego, and ultimately they don't really matter for much.

What matters is fact and truth -- which we can't really uncover based on opinions. We *can* achieve those things through reason and logic, which have brought us pretty much every single technological achievement and bit of scientific knowledge in all of recorded human history.

So, sure -- opinions are nice. But if your goal is truth, they're gonna do very little but get in the way.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

lol, welcome..
Another one of us Aussies is always welcome..
Accept no BS and take no prisoners..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hoo Roo backatcha!

I'm one of the quiet ones

Good to meet you

MM

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Cheers all for the welcoming its much appreciated and thanks for having me. Lookin forward to causing some havoc here on ATS (in an appropriate way of course) but for now I gotta get me act together and get organized for the night I got planned haha!

Peace all

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

How ya goin Cat?
I would love to have a crack at ya in an Aussie-Kiwi fashion but I dont want to create any controversy just yet hehe.
Thanks for your welcoming neighbour, I'm actually pretty fond of the Trans- Tasmans with a couple of me besties being maori. Love the New Zealand native culture.
As far as the Pike River tragedy goes, our thoughts are with you.

Take care!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Yeah mate!

Have a go at me about Jesus - why not, everyone else does.

Have a go at me - cool - I look forward to it!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree, half the time these debunker's say they want proof, but yet they provide no proof of their own. And when they do, their explanations are so far fetched it's not even worth reading the rest of the post. I don't have a problem with someone who legitimately points out that a post is a hoax or it has a questionable source, as long as their proof can be checked out.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS TomFromOz. Your statements are well put.

ATS is a mainstream news center that catches lots of news that others don't put before the masses, and there are too many people saying "prove it" when someone makes a statement, but sometimes their proof never existed, only an incorrect thought process had taken place and was replaced thereafter with the correct thought process.

I see you are from Perth, Australia. Whenever I hear of Perth, Australia I always am reminded of it being sort of a birth place for the CIA's discoveries of out of body experiences and how to make them happen in a party like fashion and be able to prove that people can leave their bodies and see things out of body and report on them to others from their body while seeing stuff with their out of body presence being some place else. This is the only scientific method I know of that almost everybody can have an out of body experiece.
edit on 4-12-2010 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree. Most topics on this site are based on opinions/feelings with no evidence to back it up that it is anything more than that. That goes for the skeptic side and the believer side.. I find that the biggest problem for both is the fact that there is a equal amount of people that cannot handle that you disagree with their opinion. They tell you that you are wrong. Mind you that its over an opinion. You may post a video that to you looks like 5 alien probes chillin in the atmosphere. To me they look like balloons. Is either one of us right? Well yes. We both have our own opinion to think it is what ever we feel it to be. Does that make either one of us right or wrong? Well no... Why? Because everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Its just that if i disagree with you, dont call me a tard and try to convince me i am wrong for not agreeing with you. I have my own mind. In the long run, opinions=sh*t.......

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

I see you are from Perth, Australia. Whenever I hear of Perth, Australia I always am reminded of it being sort of a birth place for the CIA's discoveries of out of body experiences and how to make them happen in a party like fashion and be able to prove that people can leave their bodies and see things out of body and report on them to others from their body while seeing stuff with their out of body presence being some place else. This is the only scientific method I know of that almost everybody can have an out of body experiece.
edit on 4-12-2010 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

WTH! Is there a thread on this, or if not, can you make one. Would love to see the evidence (LOL) around this.

By the way, Welcome TomfromOz from a fellow Aussie!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Here is the thread heffo7. I hope you like it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

g,day SAND GROPER from a CROW EATER. well done bloke, you up em for the rent and dont take any prisoners. mate i must be getting old did we beat you blokes in wafl vs sanfl at the last meeting hmm. take care mate. good state good people, largest sand pit on the planet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join