It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Highway Patrol trooper killed on roadside; suspect found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Montana Highway Patrol trooper killed on roadside; suspect found dead

missoulian.com

Still unknown is what led to the encounter between Bouldin and DeLaittre off Montana Highway 2 just outside of Three Forks, where the Gallatin, Jefferson and Madison rivers converge to form the Missouri River.

Gallatin County Sheriff James Cashell said police also don't know yet how Bouldin died, whether he took his own life and what weapon or weapons were used to kill DeLaittre and himself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
this is too strange from all the info in the article all we know is 2 people were found killed and no weapons were found.

I dont see how they know this older man killed this sheriff its a damn shame to hear a 23yr old just becoming a man shot in his car? and the person who they say murdered him is dead from an unknown weapon? something is not right here...

missoulian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Apart from the fact I see no evidence mentioned that the man they found dead actually killed the police officer, I actually believe it is rather obvious that a 3rd party was involved somehow.

Theory: Police officer pulls over the mans ute (for whatever reason). The ute contains two occupants - the dead man an an unknown person, possibly a friend. The Unknown person reaches into his pocket/glovebox/coat, whips out a gun and shoots the police officer. The dead man, alarmed at this sudden act of violence, drives away - in fear, perhaps attempting to distance himself as much as possible from the crime - truth be told he really isn't thinking clearly because he is panicking at what his passenger did. An argument ensues between the driver and the Unknown person over what just happened, the unknown person takes out his gun again and blows the driver away before making a run for it.

Yeah yeah I know, WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on my hands......

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was stationed up in Malmstrom once. We would make trips to Glacier several times and would become acquainted with the local Indian tribes. One of the Blackfeet sayings is, :shoot shovel, and shut up."
I wouldn't be surprised if someone driving by took the the weapons and left the scene. Very rugged people, and very rugged terrain.
My sympathy and condolences to the family of this great American who lost his life in the line of duty.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Kryties - I had a similar thought mine involved all the Gov security services that are all over, here in blue 4x trucks they act like they own some places out here, which they do.
edit on 12/2/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

hmm , alternativly the " unknown 3rd party " could have turned on his ` cop killer ` associate .

new topics

top topics

join