It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecy of Jesus in Matthew 22:14

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Certainly, a number of quite appropriate questions:

Originally posted by midicon

Of what use is prophecy, if it is never believed?

The answer is not particularly comforting: The fact that those Prophecies were announced at all prior to the events and that they were ignored is evidence for how evil people are. In other words, the fulfillment of those Prophecies is evidence of why they needed to be fulfilled in the first place: as a punishment for evil.

Is the revelation a curse or a blessing?

Both. In ways that you could not possibly imagine.

Is it not the stuff of nightmares, to relive past lives?

In spades.

In their first instances, they typically consist of memories of violent deaths and torture.

Which is why the Quran states: "And may peace be upon him, when he is raised from the dead".

The term that I would use is "post traumatic stress disorder".

It sometimes takes quite awhile to recover from such memories; and, even years later, these memories may still erupt into consciousness from time to time.

But then there are other memories: memories of people you have known in those previous lives; memories of how two people have loved each other; memories of relationships of caring and teaching; memories of sorrow at the disruption of those relationships...

Which lead to attempts in this life to 'make things right'.

Are future lives remembered?

The information in this regard is still tentative; although I do have certain indications that this is accurate. There is something called a 'time loop'... I'm still working on that.

Can prophesied events be avoided, and if they can, does this make the prophecy invalid?

The Book of Jonah deals quite specifically with this issue.

The purpose of all Prophecy is to get people to repent of their evil and their categorical disregard of Revealed Knowledge. That is, if people stop violating the Moral Law; if people return to the fundamental Revelations--including the Knowledge Revealed through the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the "resurrection"--there would be no real need for the bloodshed that has been Prophesied. But, when people become infuriated at hearing about that Knowledge, when people ignore that Knowledge, when people accuse of all manner of evil those who convey that Knowledge...

Then the Prophecy becomes self-fulfilling.

Why is prophecy always about horrifying events?

Not all of the Prophecies of Isaiah are about horrifying events. There are many Prophecies of the Peace that will result when everyone lives in accordance with the Moral Law and when "The Knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea."

What does the ‘end of times’ mean, is it on a personal level a reference to the ‘two dimensional’ underlying reality of consciousness or, the end of humanity, or both at the same time?

First, it has to do with the consciousness of the 'thinker' which depends upon the concept of time.

Every Revelation and Prophecy that has ever been received has emerged out of the context of the annihilation of the consciousness of the 'thinker' which depends upon the concept of time. All Revelation occurs at the End of time. That is a psychological entity.

But then there are events in the space-time reality which are moving in the direction of manifesting that Truth in the space-time reality. This is what the Prophecies are all about.

Lastly, for the moment, could you please elaborate on the fractal nature of prophecy? Does this mean that somehow this drama is constantly unfolding and being played out all around us, just now and over time? Is it all a question of scale?

First of all, this has an esoteric dimension pertaining to conflicts at the level of consciousness: the conflict between the "id" and the "ego" of Freud; the conflict manifested in manic-depressive psychosis; the conflict between the consciousness Created by God and the 'fallen' consciousness. Chapter 11 of the Book of Daniel can be understood on one level as a description in metaphors of these conflicts at the level of consciousness.

But they are also descriptive of events in the space-time reality which suggests a certain circularity or repetition of a fundamental structure of human events. I was once told by my political science professor that most victors in warfare throughout human history have had a capital which is north of the capital of the vanquished; and that instances of a victor's capital being south of the vanquished are so infrequent as to be a serious anomaly. And then take a look at the 11th Chapter of the Book of Daniel.

So, yes, these fractals are occurring and re-curring on both the microscopic and the macro-scopic level over and over; and it is the general structure of those events rather than the specific details which are significant.

Ps, The idea of the 'two becoming one' is this really the thinker and the self cancelling each other out, so to speak?

Look at Chapter 11:42-45 of the Book of Daniel.

This describes a mutually-annihilating conflict between the "king of the South" and the "king of the North".

In terms of consciousness, this symbolizes a mutually annihilating conflict between the consciousness of the 'thinker' and the consciousness of the "self"...

Out of which emerges the third dimension of consciousness, as described in metaphors in Chapter 12:1.

In the Thanksgiving Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls is the statement: "The fortress shall open on to Endless Space..."

This is a cryptic reference to the annihilation of the consciousness of the "self" (the 'god of fortresses') and the emergence of the 2-dimensional 'flat' space (Endless Space) consciousness.

But, what is not stated is that, prior to this, there had to be the annihilation of the consciousness of the 'thinker'.

That is, the annihilation of time itself.

Mi cha el

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

That is, the annihilation of time itself.

Why did I hear the Doctor Who theme tune at that point?

The entertainment value of your posts is high.

You're selling something I am not buying.

I mean that metaphorically. Given your posts - you'll understand metaphor. You're trapped in it.

What is going on with ATS? Is it me or is there an increase in 'preaching'?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellify You're selling something I am not buying.

I'm not selling anything.

So I don't care if you 'buy' it or not.

Take it or leave it.

It is given for free.

And, because you 'get what you pay for'...

That means that "you just don't get it" at all.

Oh, by the way, the video is really STUPID.

The "Stargate Sequence" from 2001--A Space Odyssey is a much more accurate representation of the Knowledge conveyed through and the experience of the Vision of the "Son of man".

Mic ha el
edit on 5-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add commentary on the video

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by stellify You're selling something I am not buying.

I'm not selling anything.

So I don't care if you 'buy' it or not.

Take it or leave it.

It is given for free.

And, because you 'get what you pay for'...

That means that "you just don't get it" at all.

Oh, by the way, the video is really STUPID.

The "Stargate Sequence" from 2001--A Space Odyssey is a much more accurate representation of the Knowledge conveyed through and the experience of the Vision of the "Son of man".

Mic ha el
edit on 5-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add commentary on the video

I am glad I don't get it, because that would mean I was potentially mentally ill.

Ste lli Fy

What is that affected BS you're doing with the Mic ha el?

It's not jesus that's talking to you - he'd talk more sense.
edit on 5-12-2010 by stellify because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon Is it not the stuff of nightmares, to relive past lives?

Well, this has to do with many of those memories themselves.

But there is a completely different issue involved here as well: the utter imcomprehensibility of the Power of the Creator.

Assume just one authentic experience of a memory of a previous life, in which a person has a very clear memory of being a particular person who had a particular experience with another person many hundreds of years ago. And, then, that person meets that person again in this life and recognizes them as the same person--even if the gender is not the same as it was in that previous life, although sometimes it is.

Now, there are some 5 billion people alive on the face of the earth. And the probability of any one person meeting any other person from a previous life is much less than one in 5 billion; especially, when you consider the hundreds or thousands of years involved. In other words 50 years off in either direction and the people will not even meet at all.

So, then you take into consideration all of the things that had to happen for these people to meet. All of the decisions they made to be in a particular city, during a particular time, working at a particular place, and working a particular shift. Then you consider all of the things that happened by complete accident to bring these things about...

And then, you step back, and realize that the structure of all of these events has always existed...

That Whatever or Whoever it was that arranged these things has always had that kind of Control over reality.

Now, those who believe in the physical raising of a dead body ONCE from the grave claim that it is a demonstration of the Power of God; and that anyone who denies such a doctrine--for example, by believing in memories of previous lives--is, in one way or another, claiming that God does not have the Power to do such a thing.

But that Power has been very sharply restricted to a time in the, perhaps, far-distant future.

And that is merely a cartoon 'representation' of such Power.

In other words, that Power is NOT something that is being currently demonstrated in the space-time reality.

So, in fact, a belief in the doctrine of a physical raising of a dead body ONCE from the grave is merely a belief in the potential Power of the Creator to 'raise people from the dead'. It is a belief that God does not currently have any such Power.

One authentic memory of a previous life, however, very quickly leads to the realization of the utter incomprehensibility of the Power of God over His Creation over periods of time stretching hundreds or thousands of years...

Something which is very intensely offensive to both the consciousness of the "self" and the consciousness of the 'thinker' which have convinced themselves of their 'power' over reality.

Mi cha el
edit on 5-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: clarification

edit on 5-12-2010 by Michael Cecil because: substitute the word "gender" for "sex" (for those with their 'minds' in the gutter)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join