It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant i fly anymore?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PineappleXpress

Thanks for the input there pineapple, when i could fly in my dreams i could fly in two manners, one was a
floating/hovering styly where i could catch the breeze and with controled arm movement could ascend or
descend the other was low and fast, a foot off the ground and about 20 -30mph, each flap of my arms
would propell me forward i had the ability to turn like a plane, but never ventured far from home.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I used to fly in my dreams when young, now that I'm older though I just usually teleport or just sort of appear wherever I want to go, it's faster, plus since I have less imagination then when I was a kid, if I would try to fly in my dreams then I would start thinking about lot's of things about why flying is impossible or even not a good way to travel in certain situations, stuff like air traffic of bugs in low orbits, or cold and less oxygen in high orbits, and in dreams those type of things come true, and having a mouth and face full of bugs while flying around the landscape is not a fun way to travel. It was way funner when young and I didn't believe in bugs or rationalizing the world your in.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten_me
reply to post by Gaussq

Don't have enough posts to private message yet, so this is in response to your pm. Thank you for the kind words. I really needed that! I have already downloaded that book, but haven't read it yet.

Even though I'm down, I'm not out. I have gained insight that I might not have otherwise gained.

Happy holidays and many good thoughts your way, Gaussq.

Thanks for your kind words and good luck to you. n fact, in the book it is clearly explained how suffering makes one transform karma itno virtue. I was in a real suffering for 27 months between 2001-2003, now I know why I had to go through all of that, after rainfall comes sunshine...

Remember, reading that book through to the end is really hard but reading it once is worth more than reading 10 000 normal books.

In case there is no power for reading just remember to recite good words when trouble hits you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I had a dream last night where i was flying around the night sky, but it was in some sort of vehicle. I was in a sitting position with my arms by my side using controls that i couldnt see or feel, very strange.
I have never had a dream that closely resembled what i dreamt last night and thought id post it here.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
One of my last flying dreams was a few years ago and I'm well up in age. But it was more about the "mechanics" of flying than similar dreams of flying that I've experienced many times earlier.

I would like to know if what I experienced was common. It was similar to a lucid dream in that I was aware that I was flying, what it meant normally, and the brain state that I was maintaining to do the flying. I have said to others that IF I could create that same brain state within my head--it seemed to fill my head--that I absolutely knew that I could fly again because I would recognize it as the key aspect.

I will add that I've done brainwave training over the years with TM and a couple of different electrical devices that can alter brainwaves, but I've never had this "whole brain" feeling that I experienced in that one dream. I firmly believe that such is possible in a true waking state if but I could reproduce that same brain state.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I still dream of flying, i'm 24 now, but I can't remember the last time I dreamt of it (Maybe about a year or so ago).

It's funny how you mentioned "You never venture far from home", That immediately struck me...I could never fly much higher than a house either (I know a house can't fly; Leave it out
)

But anyway, yeah I'd love for it to happen soon again, they are the best dreams.

Out of curiousity, People say they "Dreamt Of Flying" right? Could this be subconcious? Because I have never travelled on a plane before, so therefore haven't experienced flying...Just a thought. Are there peoploe here who have travelled by plane and still dream of flying? Or has anyones dreams of flying stopped since they have travelled on a plane? Interesting!

Thx for the thread S+F

Also Irish

edit on 21-4-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I can remember a few dreams when I was a child. I also very clearly remember how one day I wanted to know why I stuck to the floor and someone told me it was because of gravity. So that night I dreamed how this force from above pushed me down and kept pushing me down with an equal force throughout the dream, as if the sky slowly pushed me to the ground and I remember how I got upset and cried it wasn't fair because I was supposed to be able to fly (in my dreams). In retrospect with what I know now it was just my mind trying to make sense of the world around me and mimicing that world in my dreams. When someone I perceived as having a great authority told me about gravity my developing personality/mind was unable to interpret it so I believe my brain just made something up because it was supposed to, not that it understood what gravity was, otherwise I would have dreamed I was being pulled down from under my feet instead of a force from above pushing me down.

Later in life I achieved brief moments of flying in my dreams again, at certain times when my self esteem was growing and/or when my understanding of dreams and the brain expanded. Kind of like if I believed more in flying I would, but if not that force (gravity) would be there again. After so many years those connections in my brain have been used over and over so it isn't easy to change that compared to when I was young and flexible. I believe now if one does not come up with an explanation of dreams which it finds convincing (without a doubt), the brain will just default to theories it heard from others, mostly figures of authority (teachers, parents) most of the times these theories state dreams are nothing more than just random firing of neurons or at best how one tries to tell oneself something which is rationally dismissed/neglected during the day. Whatever one believes is most likely, is what the brain will produce for that self to experience. If one does not find dreams important, they will not be remembered, if one believes in something like lucid dreaming (and has several prerequisites), it just might be the brain will make this up for the self to experience.
edit on 21/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

lololol black Irish means dark haired dark eyed as opposed to the standard redheaded blue eyed, full of freckles stereotypical image of an irish person

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join