It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All U.S.-bound airlines to collect passenger data for watch lists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

All U.S.-bound airlines to collect passenger data for watch lists

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON — All 197 airlines that fly to the U.S. are now collecting names, genders and birth dates of passengers so the government can check them against terror watch lists before they fly, the Obama administration announced Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well, what do you guys think about THIS one?
It seems yet another measure has been done to 'protect' us, this time, collecting personal information from anyone who flies to the U.S.
It appears that these changes are taking place over night, doesn't it?
When will it end? Who knows. None of our voices appear to be loud enough to gain attention to create a change, so only time will tell.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Most if not all of this information is detailed in either your flight itinerary or your passport. I don't think this is new or difficult to accept by any stretch given today's standards. Looks like business as usual or am I missing something here

brill

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah kinda thought that was the whole point of the terror list in the first place.

Getting all air carriers that travel to or through the United States to provide this information marks a milestone in the government's counterterror efforts and completes a recommendation of the special commission that studied government shortcomings before and after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. The program, called Secure Flight, has been delayed for years because of privacy problems and went through three versions before it was approved. It is designed to give U.S. authorities more time to identify and remove suspected terrorists from flights and reduce instances when passengers are mistaken for people on terror watch lists. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So does this mean they weren't really doing anything before with the "watch list"?
How did they catch people on the list before if this info wasn't gathered before now?
Something sticks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Terror Watch List would never stop anyone.

You could kidnap someone and use their passport/id to get here.
You could kill someone and use their passport/id to get here.
You could have a foreign intelligence manufacture a passport/id to get here.
You could ride a 40 foot cargo container to get into our country. Less than 10% get inspected.
You could be a terrorist and fly into Mexico instead and walk across our open border with your nuke to get here.
You could pay off the drug cartels and ride one of their drug submarines into America.
You could ship yourself air freight in a crate and get by TSA into America.

The Terror Watch List is a joke. I needed to get a passport so I applied with my birth certificate. They came back months later and said my birth certificate had no raised "feelable" stamp and wouldn't give me a passport. Back when I was born the State didn't have a stamp to stamp birth certificates. So I had to write my State and get a new birth certificate. 8 months later I finally get a passport. My wife got a passport from a country embassy and it took her 3 days. She was never born in that country. She just has a good "connect".

The Security they are attempting is only to make you think they can stop something. They can't stop determined people.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Pervius because: missin' word

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well the rest of the world is far wiser than those of America.

This will further add to the loss if travel to America by other citizens.

Who wants to go their anymore anyway. Why would one want to go their?

A dump with a communistic and corrupt center.

The WORLD is wising up and america is the real problem.

Less people going to the US will cause its economy to further devalue. All I can do is laugh.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
**chuckle**

And we do ALLLLL of this without even considering securing our borders or ports. GENIUS!

top topics

join