It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timebomb (1991) Movie about MK Ultra, Government assassinations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I saw this movie when I was a teen in the early 90s. I thought it was crazy...I have halfheartedly looked for it over the years, and to my surprise recently found it free to watch online. In light of things I have read about government mind control experiments, ie Project Monarch, or MK ULTRA, this movie seems to be completely about "hiding it out in the open".

www.imdb.com...

Spoilers and plot:

The plot is about a man, Eddie Cane, who ends up on the local news, which catches the attention of a government official watching TV. He recognizes the man as an old "asset" who was supposed to be dead. Several attempts are made to kill Eddie, who is completely confused about why people are trying to kill him. The police do not believe him, and he consults a psychologist because he feels crazy.

Another assassination attempt occurs while Eddie is in the mental hospital, and Eddie believes that the psychiatrist, Anna, is "one of them". He kidnaps her, and forces her to accompany him. After time and more attempts on Eddies life, she becomes less of a kidnap victim and more of an ally. They discover he had been interned at another mental facility.

They go this facility, which is abandoned, and find a section that is marked off for only military personnel. Upon further exploration and restoring the electricity to the long abandoned base, they find a large machine which contains a large bed/empty sarcophagus, which Eddie lays in as "it feels familiar, it feels like home". Anna accidentally turns the machine on, which traps Eddie and forces him to watch holograms. Eddie has a flashback and remembers his name is really Oliver Dykstra, and remembers the psychological torture forced on him to make him accept his new identity as Eddie Cane. When he accepts it, he is rewarded with holographic images of sex, instead of the horrifying images moments before when he was resisting.

After this, Eddie manages to capture one of his assassins and questions her about why they are trying to kill him. He is a brainwashed super soldier, and they want to keep him from spilling the beans on the project (which he had actually been unaware of), and by extension ruining a false flag assassination of the new Attorney General (which he had also been unaware of). So Eddie runs off to try and stop the assassination attempt.

It ends up that they are in a conference room of a hotel, and this new Attorney General is giving a speech about how "no government agency should act outside the law", and other references to CIA black ops!! Then, the camera follows Eddie around, and in the background is the Attorney General at the podium, and behind him, on the wall, you see that there is am image of JFK projected on the wall during the entire speech!!! This just cannot be a coincedence - it is like slapping you across the face, the subtlety of a brick over the head if you are paying attention.

Its worth watching just for the mind control sequence and the final act at the Attorney Generals speech; and to listen to that speech, and contemplate why certain governmental agencies would kill a man with ideas like that. Im interested to hear anyones thoughts on this movie if they have seen it or heard of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
wow, never heard of this one before. That sounds pretty crazy. Seeing those holograms and all. Perhaps MK Ultra was just simply an idea that never took off? I mean, is there absolute proof that people go through this? If JFK really was part of some secret initiative, then who was really behind it? Yeah, CIA, they'd be the first ones to blame, but until we have absolute proof, that hologram mind control is out there, and that our world governments/private agencies, are using it, until then, we really won't know, and these stories will be just that, stories,

unfortunately...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

join