It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks' Next Target: American Bank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

WikiLeaks' Next Target: American Bank?

www.alternet.org

In an interview with Forbes, Julian Assange hints that WikiLeaks may soon be going after the people who torpedoed the world economy. Assange tells reporter Andy Greenberg that about 50% of the documents WikiLeaks is sitting on relate to the private sector, and teases that the site may reveal damning information about an American bank:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.forbes.com

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The interview was published in Forbes. An extract from the interview

Q: So do you have very high impact corporate stuff to release then?

Assange: Yes, but maybe not as high impact…I mean, it could take down a bank or two.

Q: That sounds like high impact.

Assange: But not as big an impact as the history of a whole war. But it depends on how you measure these things.

Carried on

Q: Will we?
Assange: Yes. We have one related to a bank coming up, that’s a megaleak. It’s not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it’s either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it.

Q: Is it a U.S. bank?
Assange: Yes, it’s a U.S. bank.

Q: One that still exists?
Assange: Yes, a big U.S. bank.

Q: The biggest U.S. bank?
Assange: No comment.

Q: When will it happen?
Assange: Early next year. I won’t say more.

Q.: What do you want to be the result of this release?
Assange: [Pauses] I’m not sure.

It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume.

Usually when you get leaks at this level, it’s about one particular case or one particular violation. For this, there’s only one similar example. It’s like the Enron emails. Why were these so valuable? When Enron collapsed, through court processes, thousands and thousands of emails came out that were internal, and it provided a window into how the whole company was managed. It was all the little decisions that supported the flagrant violations.

Read the complete interview at the Forbes link.

I wonder whether it's Bank of America or Goldman Sachs. It would be fun to watch these banks squirm when the leaks are made public.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I hope the banks melt!

Amen.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ron Paul will be in charge of the House Committee dealing with the Fed. It will be hard to cover up whatever occurred even if the banking committee is bought.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The Guardian placed this dump as coming "soon" so I wonder what the time line window really is...

Be nice to see this one sooner rather than later..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
assange should just hire somebody to make action trailor commercials for his next release debut.

the iraq documents were not even the slightest bit "big" so i really have nothing to look forward to except more media sensationalism hyping up another non-issue.

which should tell you there are real issues that need attention.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

he said early next year.

It's funny, the leaks were condemned by the US prior to their coming out and so far, what I've seen is a mix of bad and good with more good than bad. Iran suddenly wants to talk about their nuclear program. Why? Because it isn't Israel who is trying to put a stop to their nuclear ambitions, it's every arab nation in the middle east. North Korea now learns that China is growing weary of their childish antics, meaning that their ally is leaning towards working with the US, South Korea and Japan instead. This should quiet the mouse that roared.

Now we hear the banks are next, one large bank in particular. I'm guessing it's either Goldman or Citibank, more likely Goldman since they seem to be at the top of everyone's evil list.

This could bring about real change in the banking system, not just some crappy ponitificating meant to placate fears of economic collapse, all written by the very bank that causes all the problems.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
He's poking at banks now, the real people in power. The US govt. might not outright kill him but can't say the same about a Bank CEO.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I recommend you pay attention to this. www.youtube.com... It is all to get rid of the internet of now existance and put in place a new one so that buisness as usual can go on again.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Original Thread Located Here

Please contribute there

Closing this Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join