It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Encounter in Cheboygan County, Michigan - Is The 'Dogman' Back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Is The Dogman Back?

I received the email from 'Mike' on Saturday. He describes a recent encounter with an unknown creature in an undisclosed area near Cheboygan, Michigan (northern Michigan)

We got maybe 300 yards back in it and started hearing heavy breathing and snapping sounds in the thick brush to our right. We thought maybe coyotes but we got to a corner and were stopped in our track. In front of us, maybe 60 yards away, was something blacker than the woods standing on two feet and stood between 6'8" and 7'4". We slowly turned away and back tracked. Before we got to the field the same thing was in front of us again.

Back in July 2009, I received emails in reference to at least 2 sightings of a supposed 'Dogman' in Baraga County, Upper Peninsula, Michigan. I contacted the witness who seemed very truthful and credible. In April 2009, I also read about an account in Wisconsin, but with a different twist.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/5 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

The whole "dogman" myth just seems to unrealistic i think. The idea of a half-man half-dog of whatever its supposed to be just doesnt make sense. Im sure whatever it was they saw it was some kind of undiscovered creature maybe closer to bigfoot but not a "dogman"

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I grew up in Michigan and spent time in the U.P, I don't know if its the dogman but the upper peninsula in Michigan is really dense and unpopulated for the most part,so anything could be lurking up there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I love stories like this. Personally my inner 14 year old will always believe in Bigfoot and I have always thought the Dogman/Bray Road deal were misidentified Bigfoot.

That being said when a creature is described as being darker than the dark woods around it and then being described at somewhere between 6’8 and 7’4 my non-14 year old mind kicks in and alarm bells go off.

It’s hard enough eyeballing height in the day but at night it’s damn near impossible. Not saying these good folks are lying in any way shape or form just that the woods do funny things to you at night and fear does not kick in much logic on top of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

with a name like sheeboygan,your bound to have a dogman wandering around.

top topics

join