It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's support of North Korea grounded in centuries of conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

China does not want to lose North Korea as a buffer zone Geopolitics, not economics, is behind Beijing's support of Pyongyang South Korea has a conflicted relationship with China

CNN Article

I would like to share this article to prove why China supports North Korea. Can you imagine the tensions in South Korea and China we're face to face? Heck! China has had a war with Vietnam Sino-Vietnam War and various border conflicts with then Soviet Union and I would imagine Russia today. Sino-Soviet Border skirmishs

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think China and SK need to grow up then..the world has changed.

If the year was 1982, and the world shifted, smashing the USSR and USA together as border neighbors...I would be horrified at the process.

now, many years later and a bit of intelligent diplomacy later...I would think it to be great...the two cultures could learn alot from each other, and I think the time of nuclear exchanges and war to be a relic mindset of the past...

Same with Japan, or Germany...

nations grow up..and with that, border concerns also need to start disappearing...China doesn't make me nervous...I am not happy about many things they do over there...but I see them as constantly developing and will self correct without need for our interference...they need to see a border between korea (south korean expanded to encompass all of korea) as no longer some wacky threat, but a economic opportunity that it would be.

join