It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m like, super curious as to… well, who’s holding the knife? The Last super,14?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Explanation: That's a brown shoulder shawl [prayer shawl???] that he has slung over his left shoulder and its draped around his right hip!

Personal Disclosure: It may even be draped over his left arm. [note his left shoulder and left wrist cuff!] or it could be an ancient man purse bag thingy etc. The hand is NOT disembodied at all.

P.S. OL notes most of them are depicted wearing two tones and or contrasting colours etc!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The traditional consensus seems to be that it is Peter holding the knife at a very strange angle.

Correct. And the angle is not so strange. See below.

reply to post by St Udio

my guess is that DaVinci has the knife coming from the underworld/ unseen realm...
but the weapon & arm my represent the religious authority that sought to destroy Jesus.
in either case the 'reach' of satan or the authority even during the last supper would give us
greater insight as to the DaVinci though processes... He was a true blue Conspiracy Theorist !

He wasn't, my friend, but to judge from the above, you are.

The real answer is very simple: Jesus has just announced that one of the twelve men sitting round him is going to betray him. Simon Peter (very much in character as he is portrayed in the Gospels) is threatening violence against the traitor, if Jesus will only reveal his name. Good Sunday scholars will remember that it was indeed Peter who demanded to know the identity of the turncoat Disciple (see John 13:24).

the supposed effiminate 'Mary' would need the arm length of an Orangatang to be the one
with the knife...

There is no Mary in the Last Supper. That's John, the 'disciple whom Jesus loved' (John 13:23). Leonardo was gay, remember? Peter is asking him to ask Jesus to name the traitor - again, exactly as described in John 23.

Peter's gesture is histrionic, Italianate and very true, I'm sure, to life as da Vinci knew it. The angle of the knife is perfect and correct. There is no hidden message here, just the painterly narrative of a genius.

edit on 27/11/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

So in other words you opened this up to discussion, but then outright reject anyones ideas if they do not confirm your own?

How is that objective? They have made just as plausible , if not more plausible points in the fact that hes possibly just has his right hand on his hip leaning out talking to the other figure in the picture......

LoL no fracture necessary, i can do it right now.....

To remain objective and indeed, deny ignorance, dont ignore or deject other peoples ideas just because they arent in line with your own....

there is ALWAYS a different aspect, or another option

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

i can see all 3 peoples hands here with an uknown persons hand comming up from behind with the knife is this not correct. it could not be the person next to jesus as both his/her hands are clearly on the table, the person to the left has one hand on the table and one hand on the shoulder of the person to his right. then the person to his right is holding the uknown knife and has the other hand on the other persons shoulder. is this wrong?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: The knife is Peter's. He has it pointed towards the table, away from him with his right hand knuckles pointed down and facing his right hip as he leans back up and to the left [his] and converses with the apostle directly behind the young apostle directly at the table to his left.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba69d701d863.jpg[/atsimg]

Explanation: OL can see that Grand Master Davinci was testing his artistic skills and talents out to the very limits of his capacity to do so by contorting this character so as to give the picture some depth and to help tell a/the story!
you can clearly see here there is an uknown person behind everyone sticking the knife out and judas or whomever that is is clearly holding it

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

There are four hands on the table in this section of the painting: two belonging to John, girlishly clasped before him on the tablecloth, and two belonging to Judas: one holding the money-bag which identifies him, the other reaching towards Jesus, who will hand him that sop that reveals him as the traitor. Peter's hands are also clearly visible: one on John's shoulder, trying to get his attention; the other holding the knife.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

So in other words you opened this up to discussion, but then outright reject anyones ideas if they do not confirm your own?

How is that objective? They have made just as plausible , if not more plausible points in the fact that hes possibly just has his right hand on his hip leaning out talking to the other figure in the picture......

To remain objective and indeed, deny ignorance, dont ignore or deject other peoples ideas just because they arent in line with your own....

there is ALWAYS a different aspect, or another option

ooooo-K
?

?
?

well lets get back to DEBATING ,SHALL WE !

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by davespanners

The traditional consensus seems to be that it is Peter holding the knife at a very strange angle.

Correct. And the angle is not so strange. See below.

reply to post by St Udio

my guess is that DaVinci has the knife coming from the underworld/ unseen realm...
but the weapon & arm my represent the religious authority that sought to destroy Jesus.
in either case the 'reach' of satan or the authority even during the last supper would give us
greater insight as to the DaVinci though processes... He was a true blue Conspiracy Theorist !

He wasn't, my friend, but to judge from the above, you are.

The real answer is very simple: Jesus has just announced that one of the twelve men sitting round him is going to betray him. Simon Peter (very much in character as he is portrayed in the Gospels) is threatening violence against the traitor, if Jesus will only reveal his name. Good Sunday scholars will remember that it was indeed Peter who demanded to know the identity of the turncoat Disciple (see John 13:24).

the supposed effiminate 'Mary' would need the arm length of an Orangatang to be the one
with the knife...

There is no Mary in the Last Supper. That's John, the 'disciple whom Jesus loved' (John 13:23). Leonardo was gay, remember? Peter is asking him to ask Jesus to name the traitor - again, exactly as described in John 23.

Peter's gesture is histrionic, Italianate and very true, I'm sure, to life as da Vinci knew it. The angle of the knife is perfect and correct. There is no hidden message here, just the painterly narrative of a genius.

edit on 27/11/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

It still doesnt explain the 27th hand ...holding the knife.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
reply to post by OmegaLogos

i can see all 3 peoples hands here with an uknown persons hand comming up from behind with the knife is this not correct. it could not be the person next to jesus as both his/her hands are clearly on the table, the person to the left has one hand on the table and one hand on the shoulder of the person to his right. then the person to his right is holding the uknown knife and has the other hand on the other persons shoulder. is this wrong?

Your absulutly right ! so whos the 14th person holding the knife,i wonder did they just kill sombody or something?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Count the hands, for Heaven's sake!

Peter's hand holds the knife. There is no disembodied hand in the picture.

I have given the correct interpretation of the painting already. It is borne out here.

There is nothing more to add, or to debate.

edit on 28/11/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I have given the correct interpretation of the painting already. It is borne out here.

your correct so whos holding the knif?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

thats just my point, I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me....and you foed me for it? LoL you just proved my point about having open discussion on a subject you brought to the board.

What do YOU think it is, who do YOU think is holding it?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here.

I have put a RED dot on every hand I see in the picture (including the one with the knife) and a Green dot on every head.
I count 26 hands and 13 heads, where are you seeing 27 hands?

It's a very hi res image

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And your absolutely right so who’s holding the knife?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That piece of art was painted on a plaster like surface with low quality paint which has been prone to chipping.

While I believe there is symbolic meaning behind the mysterious knife, it's also possible all the chipping, touchups and restorations that have occurred over the years may have introduced aesthetic elements and imbellishments that may not had been there originally.
Very similar to what has been done to religious text over the years.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

thats just my point, I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me....and you foed me for it? LoL you just proved my point about having open discussion on a subject you brought to the board.

Every since i came here ,you have the tendency and trend of 'Mind trolling', i already figured your style out, its not new and ...never mind, you can always tell someone by there name or there aviater,you win!
Mind trolling, immortals definition, created august 5th 2007 and revised 2010.
Copy written, silen`i
Mind trolling is an art of words in a sentence phrase or other forms of communications that indirectly leads a subject astray by creating a false and bassoonist deceiving lie or hoax of the subject at hand.If done correctly ,the thread will distort and reputedly be questioned, not of the posters thread but the reply of the posters thread in which will lead to, cloaked flaming, cloaked manipulation, and cloaked distractions that manipulates the whole thread.

The 14th person under the womans dress is holding it,i dont know,thats why i asked you all.
but im not going to keep listing to the bs saying its one of the 13 that you see...period!

edit on 28-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

=============================================================================================

527>Every since i came here ,you have the tendency and trend of 'Mind trolling', i already figured your style out, its not new and ...never mind, you can always tell someone by there name or there aviater,you win!
Mind trolling, immortals definition, created august 5th 2007 and revised 2010.
Copy written, silen`i

Mind trolling is an art of words in a sentence phrase or other forms of communications that indirectly leads a subject astray by creating a false and bassoonist deceiving lie or hoax of the subject at hand.If done correctly ,the thread will distort and reputedly be questioned, not of the posters thread but the reply of the posters thread in which will lead to, cloaked flaming, cloaked manipulation, and cloaked distractions that manipulates the whole thread.

The 14th person under the womans dress is holding it,i dont know,thats why i asked you all.
but im not going to keep listing to the bs saying its one of the 13 that you see...period!

527>Your post above was your first poston this thread and you had the bladent nerve to wright this.
=============================================================================================

ManBehindTheMask '>thats just my point, I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me....and you foed me for it? LoL you just proved my point about having open discussion on a subject you brought to the board.'
527>WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ?
I MEAN REALLY,HONESTLY ! YOUR VERY FIRST POST WAS WHAT YOU WROTE ,THIS IS WHAT YOUR VERY FIRST POST SAID.
ManBehindTheMask> So in other words you opened this up to discussion, but then outright reject anyones ideas if they do not confirm your own?

hakes head>

there is ALWAYS a different aspect, or another option.

527> AND THEN YOUR SECOND POST WAS.
ManBehindTheMask> thats just my point, I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me....and you foed me for it? LoL you just proved my point about having open discussion on a subject you brought to the board.
WHERE IN YOUR FIRST POST DID YOU EVER DEBATE DUDE, are you ok?

I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me
I was debating, and i gave my interpretation just as many people on the board did, including the gentleman above me
REALLY!

INCLUDING THE GENTELMAN ABOVE ME,LMAF
He tried to get somebody on his side,lol,not cool
all i can do is look above...at thses irrating question marks hoovering over my head.
hey ,i was debating immortal just look at the guys above me.

Good grief you guys,stop it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

It means a loaf is about to be cut,it's dinner time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well no one can tell me huh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join