It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's longest chalk reef found off coast of Norfolk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

World's longest chalk reef found off coast of Norfolk

www.telegraph.co.uk

The incredible 20 MILE chalk reef, which is teaming with colourful fish, plants and wildlife, has remained hidden under the North Sea for 300 million years.
The amazing natural phenomenon, which lies just half a mile from the shore, features massive two-metre high rock arches and deep gullies where the water has worn away the chalk.
The team of amateur volunteer divers came across the remarkable rocky plain - a mere eight metres under the sea - when they were surveying the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
An exciting piece of news coming from my own county in Kent. I thought I would share this as I think it is incredibly interesting.

The part I liked the most was about how some arches had been formed in the chalk by the water. Im sure that will get some conspiracy theorists minds racing.

I genuinely think this is a natural phenomenon and I think its a refreshing article considering the state of our planet at the moment with the oil spill and countless volcanic eruptions.

Hope you enjoy

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I wonder if it's the same chalk layer that can be seen on the cliffs at Old Hunstanton. The cliff layers have been pushed up but dip down towards the left hand side in the direction of Cley.

That whole area of East Anglia is one of my favourite places - was just up there for a few days this week visiting family - and it's great to see something that we don't always get to see from land.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
well it lovely to find things like that. who knopws what else is under the sea

kx

top topics

join