It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS backup plan in case of site "seizure"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So, I had a thought after reading a few threads about DHS/ICE starting to seize different sites, such as P2P sites, counterfeiting sites, etc. Someone had brought up the fact that this might be a start to DHS being able to wiggle their way around and start shuting down sites like ATS for example.

Of course EVERYONE would be going bonkers if that happened. Would it be possible to have some sort of emergency back up ATS? Like a rendevous site for members in case something went down?

Now, I realize that an alternate site wouldn't be safe from seizure either, but this is pretty much a what-if, just for fun type of thing.

I'd like to hear everyone's ideas!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I like your idea!

It would be cool if there was an emergency site that only the ATS owners new about. Then when this site is seized, they use a mailing list to alert members in like groups of 50 or 100, about the existence of the new site and the details. Then we gradually move over to the temporary site so as not to overload the servers.

Definitely something to think about!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
It would be cool if there was an emergency site that only the ATS owners new about.

It is not necessary to be a member to read the information within these pages and it's all here for the whole world. TPTB have MANY members here too I'm sure so leaving them out of the loop would be pretty impossible.

And "casijones"...although this seems like a good idea, IF TSHTF the PTB will be using (and do use) ATS to gather information and would hardly cut off the hand that can feed them unless there was no option...we would be one of the valuable sources and one of the last to go imo.

If "they" want to know what "we" people are doing, they just have to come here and read.
edit on 27/11/2010 by nerbot because: 3000 posts and still going ;-)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you really want to stay abreast of info when TSHTF please invest in a shortwave radio.

If not, you will have to trust the small amount of MSM that will be allowed to broadcast

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

And "casijones"...although this seems like a good idea, IF TSHTF the PTB will be using (and do use) ATS to gather information and would hardly cut off the hand that can feed them unless there was no option...we would be one of the valuable sources and one of the last to go imo.

I'm sure you're right, however, like I said in the OP... It's just an idea to entertain, not really taking it seriously.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
If you really want to stay abreast of info when TSHTF please invest in a shortwave radio.

If not, you will have to trust the small amount of MSM that will be allowed to broadcast

Where might I be able to get one of those? Thanks for bring that up

I definetely don't trust the MSM so they won't be of any help lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would start with Médecins Sans Frontières, this is the organisation that has held it together when TSHTF, they have proven their capability to step past the politics and get to the problems. This philosophy has expanded into many other professions recently including reporters, engineers, technicians and others. The UN is also adopting net neutrality position in terms of Internet regulation. This means keep the channels of communication open, but allow the cultures to sort out their own technical and social issues.
edit on 23-12-2010 by kwakakev because: spelling in terms

top topics

join