It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal book suggestions please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just finished my first paranormal book. It was great and now I want more, more more..
The book I read was "montauk project experiments in time" great book about scary stuff witch took place at camp hero at montauk. To bad it was a paperback, I would love to have it as hardback, looks and feels better.

So I was hoping anyone had some suggestions about some book concerning subjects like:
underground bases, ET crafts, aliens.. hardback books prefered.

books that im thinking about getting right now is:

A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact [Hardcover]
www.amazon.com...
by Richard M. Dolan (Author), Bryce Zabel (Author)

and

I would love "the dulce book" in a book format.. instead of some online wall of text..
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

if anyone knows where to get this as a Physical book please tell.. I tried printing it out on my little printer, but it exploded with ink and guts all over.. and my two sheeps died of a massive heart attack.. so thats not a option

edit on 26-11-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Try looking through this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We were all recommending books and documentaries. I think you will find something to interest you.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"Paranormal" means different things to different people.

If you can stand a book that isn't particularly trendy, but one of the most balanced accounts of paranormal activity in another culture, I strongly recommend

"Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Neel

She was one of the first Westerners to write extensively about Tibetan Buddhism, doing so in the 1920's. The fact that she was herself a practicing Buddhist gives her great perspective. She witnessed a number of "miracles" but reports them from a skeptical, western viewpoint, even though it obviously affected her spiritual journey.

A great read if you're formulating a unified theory of the paranormal universe.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I've read that book and greatly enjoyed it.

So, a recommendation from me too

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'd say try some Lyall Watson books. I've read and reread Supernature, Lifetide and, Beyond Supernature and enjoyed them greatly. A little of it is dated but, they will give you a lot of ideas for further research and are fast/fun reading.
Lastly, thanks for starting the thread because after looking at his bibliography, I'm going to order a few of the others myself.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is worth paging through the works of Charles Hoy Fort. The first few chapters of "The Book of the Damned" are excellent critique of the philosophy of science, and make a great primer for paranormal investigators. Paging through the chapters of his complete work will give you the best overview of the entire field of fringe phenomena.

top topics

join