It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America on the path to 'permanent war'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN -- When the president decided to send more troops to a distant country during an unpopular war, one powerful senator had enough.

He warned that the U.S. military could not create stability in a country "where there is chaos ... democracy where there is no tradition of it, and honest government where corruption is almost a way of life."

"It's unnatural and unhealthy for a nation to be engaged in global crusades for some principle or idea while neglecting the needs of its own people," said Sen. J. William Fulbright, then chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in 1966 as the Vietnam War escalated.

I had hoped that Obama would live up to his campaign promises to deescalate the wars but apparently that was just empty rhetoric.

America is ruled by those that profit in blood. It's never been about spreading freedom and democracy; it's about money and sacrifice to Moloch and the Gods of Skull and Bones.

edit on 25-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"What the f*ck is wrong with them?" -Nicki Minaj on Lil Wayne's new song.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think the US passed the permanent war milestone in about 1945.
Take a look TimeLine of US military operations it's pretty hard to find a gap
edit on 25-11-2010 by davespanners because: I cant spell

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Did you guys hear Obama's speech about the turkeys saved from the dinertable?

"With this turkey there will be one less slaughter in november." Could he also mean the korea's or maybe Iran?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Of course, Oceania will always be at war with Eastasia.

Dystopian 2nd line.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It sure is.

War is the backdrop of Amerca's economy. Once TPTB discovered just how lucrative it can be, there was an instant light flash and suddenly it was to be. The US will be involved with a conflict somewhere in the world at least once every 5 years the exact same way that it has been for the last 70 years.

Quite a shame I think. Sometimes I cannot make any sense of this world. I really do see humanity as a viral infection upon this planet.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When you break it down and truly look at who pofits the most from war(the world bank, a few multi-national corporations), and realize that they are the exact same people who are pulling the strings in this country, it leaves only one conclusion....

absolutely.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The more broke they are the more they need to invent wars to make money.

second

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Your paranoia is as bad as your examples.

Because Obama did not stop a war you disagree with he is following a "God of War?"

Whoo. Boy howdy you are an American hater ain'tcha?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

This hater nonsense is retarbled
The fact that the NK torpedo has been proven not to be by extensive testing just released this week, after all the bla bla bla, is all the Proof a sane person needs.
(its German. it didn't even match the NK blue prints to begin with, so claiming it was North Korean in the first place is just blan dishonest )
what do you offer for proof?
a snide cheap shot that could only be be posted by some one with nothing real to say.

who sold NK their nuke junk in the forst place...
why donald rumspheltstiltskin...
man...

hey remember that bit about Iran's PM
wipe israel of the map bla bla bla
and it turns out he never said it at all
it was a deliberate lie

well enjoy the finger up the bum when you fly to gannies house for thanks giving
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by whaaa

Your paranoia is as bad as your examples.

Because Obama did not stop a war you disagree with he is following a "God of War?"

Whoo. Boy howdy you are an American hater ain'tcha?

If serving 4 years in the military, starting businesses that hire Americans, paying my taxes, voting my conscious, contributing to charities that help veterans, animals, abused women and the homeless qualifies me as an American hater....

I'm really at a loss for words....Except that...no I don't hate America! I love this country but I do hate the Fascist direction that the conservatives/GOP/TPM want to take it.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Lee Harvey Oswald and Jeremiah Wright served also...

Get off it. "I love my country and hate my government" don't cut it.

You hate Conservatives?GOP? They ARE NOT IT POWER.

The Bamster is. And he is as PROGRESSIVE as you obviously are.

I respect your opinion. Just be honest and tell people which side you are on. You are as neutral and America loving as Peolsi.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting question. My answer would be "yes". Further, I guess it's safe to say that US has always been at war with someone. It's justification for so many atrocities is war. For the US, war is the answer to nearly everything. . .especially if there's something to gain.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Lee Harvey Oswald and Jeremiah Wright served also...

You compare my military service to Lee Harvey Oswald and Jeremiah Wright?

Why would you feel the need to demean me or my service to my country in such a hateful manner?
edit on 26-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

DO NOT scream "I SERVED" and then say "how dare you."

Serving is honorable. But it is not a shield against stupidity. YOU degrade our nation by stating such ridiculous statements..."God of war..." (snicker)

You are allowed to say whatever you want. Don't get angry when your statments are disected.

The strongest nation will always be challenged and have responsibilities. Your "coffee shop" intellectualism is simply sad.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
kinda depends. if we are to consider the drug war and all the other covert ops that my country has been involved in,
then my answer is a resounding yes, we are in a constant war.

just one example.
would anyone agree that we are already at war with iran?
have been since bush, here's the proof.
unless covert ops is not considered war.

US escalating covert operations against Iran-report
Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:04pm EDT (Updates with U.S. ambassador, previous NEW YORK) WASHINGTON , June 29 (Reuters) - U.S. congressional leaders agreed late last year to President George W. Bush's funding request for a major escalation of covert operations against Iran aimed at destabilizing its leadership, according to a report in The New Yorker magazine published online on Sunday. The article by reporter Seymour Hersh, from the magazine's July 7 and 14 issue, centers on a highly classified Presidential Finding signed by Bush which by U.S. law must be made known to Democratic and Republican House and Senate leaders and ranking members of the intelligence committees. "The Finding was focused on undermining Iran's nuclear ambitions and trying to undermine the government through regime change," the article cited a person familiar with its contents as saying, and involved "working with opposition groups and passing money." Hersh has written previously about possible administration plans to go to war to stop Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons, including an April 2006 article in the New Yorker that suggested regime change in Iran, whether by diplomatic or military means, was Bush's ultimate goal. Funding for the covert escalation, for which Bush requested up to $400 million, was approved by congressional leaders, according to the article, citing current and former military, intelligence and congressional sources. Clandestine operations against Iran are not new. U.S. Special Operations Forces have been conducting crossborder operations from southern Iraq since last year, the article said. These have included seizing members of Al Quds, the commando arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and taking them to Iraq for interrogation, and the pursuit of "high-value targets" in Bush's war on terrorism, who may be captured or killed, according to the article. The U.S. ambassador in Iraq, Ryan Crocker, told CNN's "Late Edition" he had not read the article, but denied the allegations of cross-border operations. "I'll tell you flatly that U.S. forces are not operating across the Iraqi border into Iran, in the south or anywhere else," he said in an interview from Baghdad on Sunday. The scale and the scope of the operations in Iran, which include the Central Intelligence Agency, have now been significantly expanded, the New Yorker article said, citing current and former officials. Many of these activities are not specified in the new finding, and some congressional leaders have had serious questions about their nature, it said. Among groups inside Iran benefiting from U.S. support is the Jundallah, also known as the Iranian People's Resistance Movement, according to former CIA officer Robert Baer. Council on Foreign Relations analyst Vali Nasr described it to Hersh as a vicious organization suspected of links to al Qaeda. The article said U.S. support for the dissident groups could prompt a violent crackdown by Iran, which could give the Bush administration a reason to intervene. None of the Democratic leaders in Congress would comment on the finding, the article said. The White House, which has repeatedly denied preparing for military action against Iran, and the CIA also declined comment. The United States is leading international efforts to rein in Iran's suspected effort to develop nuclear weapons, although Washington concedes Iran has the right to develop nuclear power for civilian uses. (Additional reporting by Paul Eckert in Washington; writing by Chris Michaud; editing by Eric Beech and David Wiessler)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Interesting source material here

Is America on the path to 'permanent war'?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If Obama gets re-elected or we get a Republican president who isn't Ron Paul or someone like minded, then yes, we will stay at war, probably Iran next. I can't believe after almost 10 years of this war on terror people still support it, even Vietnam wasn't this long. How long will it take for everyone to wake up?
edit on 11/27/2010 by Unilluminist because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

DO NOT scream "I SERVED" and then say "how dare you."

Serving is honorable. But it is not a shield against stupidity. YOU degrade our nation by stating such ridiculous statements..."God of war..." (snicker)

You are allowed to say whatever you want. Don't get angry when your statments are disected.

The strongest nation will always be challenged and have responsibilities. Your "coffee shop" intellectualism is simply sad.

You really need to chill out, dude! All that stress and anger is gonna give you a stroke or heart attack!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Permanent war is immpossible. You mean a war to end all wars? KInda a war that we dont police any nations and we just bomb the # out of every thing in site? A war,if you see something move shoot it. If you view war as gangrene,do you clean half the cut every day for the rest of your life? or do you pour peroxide over it and bath it constantly till its healed?

new topics

top topics

join