It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complaint Filed After Teen's Pat Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Complaint Filed After Teen's Pat Down

www.torontosun.com

Christine McCann has filed a formal complaint with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority after her daughter was subjected to a humiliating and public full body pat down at the Sudbury airport when it could have been done in a private room.

On Sunday, McCann and her 15-year-old daughter, Carley Finn, were heading home to Pickering after a weekend visit with McCann's father who is dying of lung cancer in a Sudbury hospital.

A CATSA security guard decided to randomly pick Finn for a search that included breasts and inner thighs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TSA gropes young boy's testicles while he is strip searched in front of everyone
TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So here we have another extreme example of the violation of a persons rights. Not only was this young girl humiliated, but the Air Transport Security perpetrated this act in public.

The parent has filed a complaint.
However, this does not take away the experience that is imprinted on the girl!

"I asked if it could be done in a private room to lessen the embarrassment and the security guard told me there were no such facilities," McCann said.

The Greater Sudbury Airport has a private room for such pat downs, said spokesman Terra Glabb.

"The security is contracted out (by CATSA). We do have a private room. I don't know what went down," Glabb said.

McCann said Wednesday she was "extremely pissed" when she found out Wednesday that there was a private room that could have been used for the search.

"I just went online and filed a formal complaint with CATSA. Why not just use the private room if they had one. Knuckle heads. Hats off to our wonderful government," McCann said.

"It humiliated her to have everyone watching. My daughter is very shy and she was so embarrassed she will never fly again."

McCann says she feels she let her daughter down watching her being violated.

www.torontosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join