It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7$ dollars a gallon for Gas are you ready?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Buy Hybrids. They get 60 miles to the gallon in the city. Cut your gas consumption in half and if you live in the USA big yearly tax breaks for owning one.

Once they start making some good looking Hybrids they will take off I think. The ones now
look crappy.

It does not cost more to make a good looking car then it does to make a ugly one.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i write this all off as hysteria. we have soo many cornfields right now we are paying farming not to plant crops. (check into it its all true). you can run that stuff in a regular vehicle if you want to without any conversion, i know friends have run it with no probs for grins. if it comes to 7 bucks a gallon people will start using the alternative. there are also other ways to make gas/oil, which i bet would come in alot under 7 bucks a gallon.

also, as soon as prices creep up, if you know economic theory, the potential for profit will incent additional competitors to enter the market with alternatives both in forms of fuels and transportation modes.

short of an inflationary cycle in the economy driving the price of gas to 7$ i dont see it happening in real terms.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I do think it will rise but not to that amount.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join