It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realscoop.com the online voice analysis lie detector, is it reliable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hi Folks!

1st of all to all ModHeads, I've searched ATS for threads relating to the site in question and found nothing, apologies if my methods aren't up up to scratch (type and click) or if this is the wrong forum but anyhoo here's what's what....

I just watched a Discovery Science channel show called Brink, a show about latest tech/developments. I don't know how old the episode is, but they did a feature on a website called
(link)
www.realscoop.com

Its a website that claims to use the latest technology to analyse voices to determine whether the individual is lying or not. They also claim that law enforcement agencies use it on the bad guys, to what degree of success I don't know. The site is quite cool though, they have three video categories; Entertainment, Sport and News. I have a feeling that this might expand fairly soon!
You can submit a video for analysis if you like, I chose a Travis Walton vid from youtube because I'm interested in his abduction case. I also remember that he has undergone many lie detector tests and thought it would be interesting to see the sites results. You'll see that during playback there is a Lieometer that goes from green (believable) to yellow (somewhat believable) to red (LIAR!). Quite fun to watch but I'm not sure if this is the real deal or just some media fruitiness.
Here's a random example vid:
(Its a link cos I can't figure out how to embed their vids, not at this hour anyhow!)

Lee Harvey Oswald interview

I wonder if this site can be used as a tool for helping to prove/debunk videos/interviews of things that we all want the answer to? I also wonder whether this site can be trusted to give unbiased and truthful results or if indeed it is just another disinformation type thingy??? Perhaps.

I will post here again if/when I get a reply about my suggestion to the site.
Has anyone reading this suggested a video to the site?

Would really like to hear your thoughts on it all you lovely lovely people you....

Peace

WCS

P.S.I'm sorry for the wording/grammar in this thread, it's nearly 6 am here in the UK and I'm shattered! Just can't sleep tonight for some reason. zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
hmmm... I can't sleep either, but I think I know why,my mind has kinda been everywhere and nowhere today. I think some good video to test this on, would be The Bill Clinton one, because we were all convinced he was telling the truth (maybe not that paula lady), but he ended up being found out -- I think another good one would be that one lady who keeps claiming that she speaks to the aliens, I wanna know if she really is telling the truth, or getting paid to lie or just doing it for the money and attention.

what vids do you think would be good?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Yeah!! cool vid suggestions Leira7, you know that when I was watching the feature I did think 'what happens when the ATS bunch start bombing the site with requests?'

I also wonder if there is an agenda behind what videos they choose to analyse, and whether there are some vids they refuse to analyse because they simply feel that it's too risky to be associated with the story

It makes me question if this is a site/tech we could trust/use wisely or if it is just another tool they could use to manipulate the minds of those that love the good ol' celebrity scandals? Give it a go and suggest that Clinton vid. Would be good to see if either of us get a result.
Anyway, Night night, don't let the massive alien bed bugs abduct you! (gotta stop saying that to my nephew, he is only little
)

PS I think I know which crazy alien woman you mean, (the blonde nutnut recently on youtube) there are quite a few after all!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Also to answer you question indirectly

what vids do you think would be good?

I'd be inclined to go down the alien/ufo route and test the interviews of people like Edgar Mitchell, David Adair, Steve Greer etc

Oh and of course Dr Jonathan Reed, I wanna believe him but there's so much stuff either side of the fence trying to knock me off and I like my fence.

Peace L7

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It may or may not be the same technology but the VSA has been around for quite a While. Its used by law enforcement and its called a Voice Stress Analysis. Its a lie detector.. you speak into a mic as they ask you questions. Its a program they use on a laptop. One the the hubby's buddies is a cop ( ex MP) and we played around with it about 10 or 11 years ago. Im not sure if we were supposed to.. so shh. LOL! But its seriously COOL. I have NO idea how reliable it is, but he said they were using it more and more.. and especially when they are dealing with kids when they are on calls with DFS during the investigation. He told us that a teen girl has accused her step father of some sort of molestation and he denied it. She took the VSA, she was determined to be telling the truth and he was slapped with the results. I figure its not admissible in court any more than the traditional lie detector results, but as an investigative tool or to get some moron to confess to something.. I imagine it works like the old technology.

top topics

join