It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Propulsion Laboratory's extra-solar planet count has topped 500!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The good news is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's extra-solar planet count has topped 500!

The bad news is none of them are hiring.

planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov...

Seriously though, this is a truly extraordinary milestone for all of us in general and for the scientists and technicians who got us to where we're all at today in particular.

Here's a little wiki article on astronomy's amazing history to get send you into orbit!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah that is cool ..... but shouldn't this have been posted in the Space Exploration forum ?
There is no indication that any of these 500 planets contain either Aliens or UFO's

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nice post.. I love this topic and routinely check in on their website for updated info.

As far as it being in this forumn, is there any proof these planets are not homes to ET? I for one salute the optomism the OP has shown.

S and F

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah, I posted it there because I did want to discuss it in a UFO context, but I don't run this place . . . .

edit on 24-11-2010 by UFO Partisan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO Partisan

It does not matter much in which category the topic is posted. If UFO's are from any of those 500 exo-planets... I can say that they are certainly not arriving here by rocket technology.

The count of 500 will increase in February, because the Kepler satellite has over 700 possible candidates.

When even one of them is determined to be 'really' Earth-like, there will be a demand for faster-than-light technology to be developed. Then... goodby useless rocket science, and hello hyperspace. I don't think it will be warp drive that get's us there.

top topics

join