It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three dead after early morning fire in Tampere, Finland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Three dead after early morning fire in Tampere, Finland

www.hs.fi

A fierce fire broke out in a property on Hämeenkatu in the heart of Tampere early on Monday morning.
A man who was in the city centre in the early morning reported to Helsingin Sanomat that he heard a loud explosion after which he saw some debris flying out of the windows onto the street.
All windows of the restaurant were broken. Several other people who had been in the neighbourhood also said that they heard a powerful explosion in the morning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I live in Tampere and my Finnish course is quite near the place where this explosion/fire happened. They are not sure what caused it but by some witnesses accounts there was a very loud explosion before the fire broke out. The place was totally destroyed and by the looks of it, it looks like it was some kind of detonation device(totally my opinion). Now if it was an accident or not I don't know and so far the authorities are not releasing anything on it. Quite weird, since whenever theres a fire they let everyone know whatever caused it, real fast. But somehow I think theres something fishy about this one. Whatever it was I hope it wasn't a terrorist attack or else things are gonna get kindda rough over here, since the Finnish people have been acting "funny" on immigrants and refugees lately.

www.hs.fi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Small world, i work in Tampere
:

Last i heard they did suspect that the explosion was either gas explosion (from the equipment of the restaurant) or explosion of the hot "fire" gases
they haven found anything that would indicate a explosive device or that the fire had been deliberately put up...
investigations are still ongoing!
Cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Well bro....I really do hope that it was just a "gas" explosion...Much better like that....By the way, I'm a cook and most restaurants here in Finland will not have any kind of gas stove...most work on induction or your average electric stoves, so for an explosion to occur in a restaurant here in Finland with the amount of safety measures they have in place to prevent exactly that, its almost impossible for it to have been a "accident". So this explosion either came from some faulty gas-pipe or something else exploded near the pipe. You probably know that Finnish commercial establishments are "obsessed" with safety....so for a fire as huge as that to happen, and in a restaurant on top of it, has got to be something more than just a small accident......but thats just my opinion and my "conspiracy mind" working double time....
...I really do hope its nothing much....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Well you could be on to something , who knows, i agree that safety is usually watched very carefully on those establishments ,especially when gas is concerned and that was one serious explosion, and if it would of happened hour or two later i think there could of been more injuries /fatalities caused by a flying debris...
If i understood correctly the restaurant was Pizzeria /Kebab restaurant , not sure do they use gas powered equipment dont know so much about restaurants equipments
Cheers

edit on 11/22/2010 by zoomer72 because: typos

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Pizzeria/Kebab places usually have most of the cooking done in electric stoves, and if I'm not mistaken you actually need a permit to be able to use any kind of gas-stove in a commercial establishment.....so yeah...kindda fishy....also the 3 people that died.....thats quite sad....I'd be terrified to wake up to the sound of an explosion in the early morning....

top topics

join