It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor fights against TSA body scanners with new underwear (video incl)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wear (pun) there is a rule, there is a way around it - Body scanner radiation proof underwear?

A Colorado man said he's invented a product that can eliminate concern about privacy in new airport screening body scanners.

Jeff Buske is an inventor and the owner of Rocky Flats Gear, the company that sells specialized underwear. The undergarments have metal inserts that are supposed to protect the wearer's health and privacy.

He claims the underwear protects your body from radiation.

Inventor Claims Underwear Protects Privacy

TSA has no comment, though they have been sent samples...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I guess all of this talk about tinfoil hats on the conspiracy sites has been misplaced.

Tinfoil drawers is where we should have been going.

Reynolds wrap should get into the business while the momentum is there.

Wonder if there is a patent yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This type of fabric and clothes has been around for awhile. Clothes, fabrics, hats can be seen and purchased at www.lessemf.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Health safety concerns?

I guess he knows he'll make money off of the fears of uninformed people

Seriously, if you're worried about radiation, don't go on a plane, because you're getting hundreds of times more radiation from the plane ride.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

What is the problem with capitalizing and protesting at the same time?
Clearly, the DHS has been doing the same thing... capitalizing, that is...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think it's wrong because he's only being able to profit of these because the people buying them are severely uninformed and or don't realize what he's selling. I don't mind people protesting against the TSA's actions, just leave con artists out of the discussion.

It's like selling a bulletproof piece of clothing that protects half of your left forearm from mind bullets while leaving the rest of you exposed.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
so the scanner will detect something odd, then he''ll get searched or 'molested' as people keep saying.
great idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The battle cry for the American Revolution was (Do Not Tread On Me) and maybe the protest slogan should be (Do Not Scan On Me) in order not to be scanned, touched inappropriately and X-rayed at our Nations airports. ^Y^

edit on 21-11-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How much freedom are Americans willing to give up before they say enough is enough when it comes to being searched and x-rayed at airports across the country by TSA- Testical Search Administration. ^Y^
edit on 22-11-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

my apologies ladyskadi
it seems you posted this article first which i failed to spot.
for the record
the metals would absorb the radioactivity produced through x-rays so would this not be more dangerous to the sensitive areas of the body? seems a quicker way to expose ones genitals to a known cancer causing medium.
would the instructions state that once through security inserts must be discarded into a licensed radioactive waste disposal unit or is the user intending to wear them through the decay process.

look at it from another perspective. you are in a locked room. you have a tube of glue with the lid off. you can smell the solvents and you can tolerate the odour. you spread the glue all over the floor and BAM! see you next week when you land.
this is insane in my opinion.
f

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
just been for a walk with me husky and i got thinking (i know just like excercise i should have laid down flat and let the urge pass)
lets say these machines pop up everywhere and everybody walking into institutuions,airports banks etc compound their doses/exposure on a daily basis, how long before certain ailments/conditions become manifest? do they posess immunity from prosecution if this goes pear-shaped?
will this bring on de-population and/or render individuals sterile in a short span of time?
will certain interests linked to control of these systems have target specific protocols for example- some dude shouting his mouth off on the internet about the dangers of their very lucrative business is next in the line to be scanned. we are required to increase the intensity of the scan by a factor of four. he will not be shouting for long when his teeth start falling out.
i hope someone with influence can address this issue and bring it to the masses attention before we start hearing of spikes in tumours/cancers etc.
i would also say any further tech/threat should be tracked in all it's embodiment (everyone from legislature and the lobbyists who pushed for the introduction right down to the end operator). that chain of custody/hierarchy should all be liable should it turn out to be on a par with chernobyl for numbers.
f

top topics

join