It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass hysteria regarding the TSA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

As if somebody ore one is pulling the strings, and the outcome will only cause us to fear/hate or neighbors.

All the way up to betray them because it makes us feel saver.

I always try to be rational on this topic, but if I didn't know any better the end will be that we will snitch on our own family because we are learned to fear their possible actions and what it could possibly do to us in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Was it mass hysteria when the British came to collect colonial taxes without representation?
reply to post by LeTan

Here we go again. You are doing exactly what i was saying in the OP. You are drawing a comparising between the TSA and the British colonials. How does that even tie up!!???

See the issue for what it is. It is a separte security issue, it is not the goverment trying to steal all your rights.

Vvv

How does it tie up? It ties up when people start losing their dignity as a being for the assurance of security that they have no power to act on. Maybe the British colonial reference was a bit off because we actually stood up to them. My point is, the turning point, the stand, has to start somewhere. People's anger and sense of justice have been trampled on for far too long. And for too long people have suppressed it. Little by little, events like this make people start to realize what is wrong.

It is selfish but the average person has to have something negative happen to them until they acknowledge that it is not a good thing and shouldn't happen to anyone else. Protest, peaceful rhetoric.. I don't even know if those words even have meaning to the people who pull the strings behind the seats of power. I feel to them, when we say words like "protest" or "peaceful solutions"... they take it like you would if one of your friends/spouse threatens to not talk to you for a week.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

It is selfish but the average person has to have something negative happen to them until they acknowledge that it is not a good thing and shouldn't happen to anyone else. Protest, peaceful rhetoric.. I don't even know if those words even have meaning to the people who pull the strings behind the seats of power. I feel to them, when we say words like "protest" or "peaceful solutions"... they take it like you would if one of your friends/spouse threatens to not talk to you for a week.

Another way to think about this...

If we can be convinced, as a culture, to believe that peaceful protest is pointless, and we all start babbling on about armed revolution...

Well wouldn't that make martial law and severe controls a LOT more likely and possible? Are we being "Hey, protect your freedom" 'ed into giving the excuse to take all of our freedoms?

Is this the endgame for all the hyperbole? To trick us into losing it all?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yes Heff, I see your point too. This is why it's a torn view for me. How does a moth escape a spider's web as the spider inches closer closing off all escape options?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Weird example as a fly is already stuck in a web. and can only see the imminent doom closing in.

I hope it isn't that bad yet...

Mahatma Ghandi.

Without violence liberated his people from their colonial ruler. Must add that the English were a reasonable lot at the time.

If the English king was anything like the Belgium king ( Congo ) Ghandi would have been an individual with several separate body parts

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Creeping Incrementalism. I don't know about you but it does seem like we are in the soup and the temperature IS rising.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is exactly how I think of this entire issue, and a couple of others... We are being programmed to think that our freedoms have been totally usurped in the last 2 years - totally oblivious to reality or prior events (Such as Bush and all the wonderful acts he enacted )... The only endgame that makes sense is to assume that a power and paradigm shift are being foisted upon us.

that is an interesting conclusion and i don't think it is that far from the truth

there are those who are not aware of their loss of freedoms

and those who truely beleive only now have their freedoms been infrindged apon

but even though the latter would seem to be only a half-truth, it still is very effective in covering up the methods that were used to implement these infridges of freedom, and so long as people beleive the half-truth and are not aware of those methods.. then the methods are free to repeat themselves

have to to say i agree with you on that one

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What bothers, angers, me the most is the idea that, because I bought a ticket, I gave up my forth amendment rights. As corporations take more and more control over our govt, is this going to be the response to everything.
Perhaps a city can take away my rights because I bought my water from them? Maybe Walmart should be able to strip search me because I walked into the store? Might be a terrorist you know.

The line keeps getting finer, and the corporations, when they own everything, will not have to recognize our natural rights. And when you speak up or fight, they will simply send their security officers to explain the facts to you. Either shut up or we will send you to one of our private prisons, you terrorist.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Why on earth are they even touching genitals?!?! there is far more to this than just security...since when can a security officer touch your genitals in public view?! NEVER!!!

so that leads me to think that something else is going on...this has been done deliberatley, for what? im unsure maybe some type of false flag thats going to completely shadow 911 they are trying to instill complete fear in people that they wont even want to leave the country....they dont want people travelling in or out of the country for some reason......

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Most People base their Beliefs on a Premise . If that Premise happens to be Proven Untrue , then they are left Completely in the Dark . If it is somehow Documented to be True , then their Thoughts and Actions become Justified . Being able to See the Truth through all the Illusions and Lies they are subjected to is an Ability that few People have in this World when it comes to Understanding the Actions and Motives of Others .We must First " Wake Up " before we can Preceive the Real Reality around us, and then Adjust our Personal Lives Accordingly .

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
The endgame is pretty clear to me... some factions within the US are seeking to spread panic and disinformation as a means of staging a coup of power. And this is what is happenning on ATS at the moment.

Like a bunch of rats following the piper, everyone is following the story about the TSA, giving their own uninformed opinion. Stating there is a conspiracy. There is people linking the searches done by the TSA to nazi's and calling it the 4th reich.

This is absurd. I saw a video earlier, with the title Boy stipsearched and genitals touched, but after watching the video about 4 times, i did not see it. These type of threads are pure propaganda, made for easy stars and flags.

Everyone knows it is a hot topic now, hence, everybody wants to jump in, without even thinking about it.

The TSA is not the 4th reich, it is not the beginning of the end for American freedom!!! It is more intense security measures, to ensure YOUR safety. Now i see people linking the TSA to child molesters, neo nazis, etc etc, which is totally absurd.

How many of you, who so lustfully, complain about the TSA even fly very regularly?? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon of hysteria?

There is no conspiracy here. It is purely the goverment doing its job. Period. It is strict, but so be it.

vVV

The guy was around the boy's waist, and we see him PATTING something around his legs/groin. What do you think he was patting?

To say the least, the boy was strip searched. A little child was strip searched in public. You don't see a problem in that?

I'll agree that TSA is not some sinister organization that is gearing to become Nazi-like, but it's becoming a problem.

Now, we have TSA stating if you don't agree to the scanner and pat downs, you'll be fined and held as a suspect. There is a major problem here...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Is there "mass hysteria" concerning the TSA? Because, to be honest, the only place I've seen an outcry against the TSA mentioned repeatedly (although I'd hardly call it "hysteria" just yet) is here on ATS.

The only mention I've seen on my local MSM was the story of the woman who had to remove her prosthetic breast, days after it was all over the internets. *And* the story they aired mostly focused on a man who was ok with the new regulations in the name of safety. Basically, the only story I've seen in the media made the "hysteria" seem ridiculous and worse, a threat to our safety procedures. With that slant, I'm having a hard time seeing the conspiracy and misdirection... then again, I don't pay much attention to the mainstream media, so what do I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

" Now, we have TSA stating if you don't agree to the scanner and pat downs, you'll be fined and held as a suspect. There is a major problem here... "

The Actions of our Federal Goverment through the Security Procedures of the TSA is a well defined Intimidation Tactic under the Ruse of Protecting us from Alledged Terrorist Threats . If we were to go by the " Premise " that there are No REAL Terrorists Threating us , and it is just a Big Lie Perpitrated by certain Factions in our Federal Goverment to Control the Populace , then it becomes Clear that a Facist Police State is being Created in this Country for some yet Unknown Reason . If on the other hand a Serious Terrorist Threat to our Security is most Definately Real , then don't you think the Burden of Proof to it's Documented Existance should be Substanciated by an Independent Party to either Confirm of Deny beyound a Reasonable Doubt that what the Federal Goverment Claims is True ? The American people have EVERY RIGHT to DEMAND that Proof in order for them to Justify such Draconian Acts towards the People that they were Elected to Protect Imo . We are Waiting BIG BROTHER...........

edit on 21-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Do you live in the states and have you flown recently? If your answer is no to both of the questions you really have nothing at stake so of course to you it would seem like hysteria.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join