It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost time experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When I was ten years old, I had a lost time experience, that I have never been able to explain.

I lived in a small city called Gardner, in north central county called Worcester, in Massachusetts.

Behind my folks house was a huge expanse of woodlands, I say huge but is was probably about 5 square miles of forest. But if you think about it, that's a pretty big area for a ten year old kid to have as his playground.

We were always in the woods, exploring, climbing trees, checking out the ponds and streams.

But anyways, one day I remember walking dizzily to my home from the backyard that led to the woods, and to my home. This was the first thing that I remember doing that day.

I walked into the house, and went to my bedroom, 1st flr of a cape design, and my mom came in to put away some of my laundry into my bureau, and I was sitting on the bed watching her, then I looked at my clock and it said like 4 O'clock or about that time.

This puzzled me, for it was the weekend, and 4 o'clock? What did I do all day? Did I sleep all day? The day was almost over, and I didn't remember a darn thing about that day.

So I asked my mom who was putting away my laundry, and she turned around and smiled and said that I had been outside playing in the woods all day. And the way that she said it, and they way that she smiled, and kinda chuckled, it really made me think hard. Because I don't remember even 1 second of that day before 4 O'Clock in the afternoon. Her reaction to my question freaked me out, and at the instant she replied and smiled in the way that she did, I instantly felt that something was wrong. What was she talking about, I don't remember that. It just didn't seem right to me.

And it gets even stranger.

The next day at school, I have an itch in the back of my neck. And while the teacher is talking, I start scratching the back of my neck, and I feel a lump, like a small bump, the size of a BB used in a BB gun. Well being curious, I take a sharp #2 pencil and start poking at it, don't ask me why, I guess I was a dumb kid, or maybe it was kind of bothering me, and then when I look at the pencil, the lead point has broken off by me poking at this lump.

So now, I didn't know if the lump was natural, or because the lead of the pencil got imbedded in my skin on the back of my neck.

Again, I was freaked out, twice in two days.

Today, the lump looks like an ordinary mole, and doesn't hurt or bother me.

But, I always remembered that experience and tried to reconcile it with logic and common sense for the next 15 years after that. And I mean, I probably thought about it once every week for like 15 years. Never could explain it.

I was born in 1964 by the way.

So in 1974, I had what seemed to me a major lost time experience.

And the weirdest thing about it, is that I didn't tell anybody about it until I told my brother about ten years ago.

It really made me wonder with all kinds of questions.

Was I abducted by aliens?

Was I kidnapped by a child molester and blocked out the memory because of the pain?

I tried to think of all sorts of explanations, but never figured it out.

Did I meet God or Jesus? I was a good Catholic boy at the time.

I never figured it out.

I have considered hypnotic regression, but don't dare do it, for fear of false memory implantation.

I am fine today, I am only sharing, because maybe others have had similar experiences they would like to share.

By the way, I have only had 3 "paranormal experiences" in my life, this is one, the second I told you about "ghosts" in the new garage addition, and the third I will tell you later about.

I am not a nutcase, but then again, maybe I am.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I had a somewhat similar experience when i was 17,

I had been playing pool with a friend of mine one saturday, we left the pool hall about 9 and i dropped him off about 9:15.

After talking for a few minutes I got in the car to leave.... ok this is where it gets a little weird, i looked at the clock on my dash... 9:22.. I backed out of his driveway put my car into drive and was immediately pulling into my driveway 8 miles away at 12:34

I have no memory of what happened in those three hrs... and have no clue how to explain it.

so if you are a nutcase you're not alone

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30
I had a somewhat similar experience when i was 17,

I had been playing pool with a friend of mine one saturday, we left the pool hall about 9 and i dropped him off about 9:15.

After talking for a few minutes I got in the car to leave.... ok this is where it gets a little weird, i looked at the clock on my dash... 9:22.. I backed out of his driveway put my car into drive and was immediately pulling into my driveway 8 miles away at 12:34

I have no memory of what happened in those three hrs... and have no clue how to explain it.

so if you are a nutcase you're not alone

Thanks for sharing, maybe a lot of people have had lost time experiences.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Well, not being judgmental here but you do know you are within this age group.

CHICAGO - More than 45 million Americans, or 20 percent of U.S. adults, had some form of mental illness last year, and 11 million had a serious illness, U.S. government researchers reported on Thursday. Young adults aged 18 to 25 had the highest level of mental illness at 30 percent, while those aged 50 and older had the lowest, with 13.7 percent, said the report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or SAMHSA.

www.cnbc.com...

You did broach the subject in you opening post.

I do understand where you are coming from though.

Sometimes when I was a youngster I would lose all track of time when I was out playing in the fields and woods.

I have wondered the same exact thing too.

I have scars that I do not know or remember how I first got them.

I have one scar on my leg my parents insist I was born with.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I too experienced missing 3 hours, while traveling to a neighboring state, I recalled following a truck and noticed blinding headlights in my rear view mirror, next thing I recall, it is daylight and I have no idea where I am. I stopped at a quick mart store to ask where am I and how to get back to the major highway. My knees were knocking so bad, it was hard for me to drive. This occurred in 1976, and has bothered me since. My brother experienced something similar to mine, he was missing 2 plus hours, while driving to visit our mother. When his vacation ended, he was terrified about time. He planned his return home during daylight hours.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It used to happen to me all the time when I was driving to school every day. I would get in my car and be at school before I knew it.

I don't think It was from any sort of external influence.

I think that, due to my tired state and the repetitive nature of the task, parts of my brain shut down and the good old Alpha waves took over. I was in the proverbial "zone".

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Something like this happened to a girlfriend and I. Still haven't figured it out, and I think about it once in a while to see if any memory will surface. Nothing, nada, zilch. No other incidents of missing time before or after. Link to the story: (my first post on ATS )
Also the lady writing the OP of that thread had a very compelling story, enough to get me to quit lurking and post.

top topics

join