It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Napolitano = Delores Umbridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In honor of the opening of the new Harry Potter movie and the current outrage over the TSA... I thought it might be poignant to start a thread discussing the striking similarities between Janet Napolitano and Delores Umbridge..... Might as well start with the visual similarities......

Delores Umbridge

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1352b374ea0a.jpeg[/atsimg]

Janet Napolitano

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3eda80c73517.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Um I thought you were a rather intelligent individual until this -I had actually looked up some of your other posts/threads- lmao-- Napolitano is way scarier and less attractive - she is the real deal - and is actually adversely affecting our real lives - as opposed to actions by fictional characters --

you must really be into Harry Potter : )

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I actually think this is sort of a fun idea and could be really insightful. The notion that there are certain personality 'archetypes' is one that I find interesting.

If you think about it, there do seem to be some common characteristics between those two. In general, they both seem to be bitter, lonely women who obviously derive a perverse satisfaction from not only controlling others but humiliating them as well. There is a bit of sadism in both of them. Some sort of repressed sexual issues are apparent in all this, I believe.

I know this thread is playing armchair psychiatrist, but I think it may at least get people to think about the psyche of the people who now control our lives. So far, it's worrisome.
edit on 19-11-2010 by passenger because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ksorelleesq

I hope this post hasn't gotten you to question my intelligence to much. It was meant us much in good humor as in seriousness. There is certain sadistic quality with which both seem to relish their work and they do have a similar appearance and demeanor.

I am a fan of Harry Potter as are many others I know with above average intelligence. Sometimes you can find the best analogies for reality in fiction.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

I agree--- I just thought it was funny - from revolution to Harry Potter - so diverse -and you, my friend, discuss it all in between

Gotta love ATS

new topics

top topics

join