It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, sentenced to life in jail for killing her rapist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by trouthash

Telephone: 751-304-5000

you're awesome. You do good work ; )
On behalf of the human race, thanks for taking the time to make a call.
If 500 other people do the same, justice will prevail.

You Posted:
---

i actually called Tom Freers office and it was the district attorneys office. The case is in archives. They asked my name and then put me on hold forever. They asked how I was connected to the case. I explained that I had simply read the story and was wondering about the details of the case and why a child was sentenced to life when she was a victim. I was eventually told that the records at the DA office are not public, and that I would have to contact the court to get information because they have public records. I had to request that number and got it. It is 751-304-5000 if anyone else is interested. I will say, it was interesting, that when I said why I was calling, the gal said "excuse me, I'll be right back" almost immediately and I was on hold for 15 minutes.

---

More on the Judge, J. Thompson Hanks - who decided her fate:

courthouseforum.com...

edit on 19-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

If the story was correct then she was forced into the situation, she was drugged and raped from 13 yrs old.. even if she went back and killed him when she was 30 it would have been justified, someone previously pointed out that it happened during her adolecance and that girl isnt going to be sane for the rest of her life but hopefully she cn take some peace from the knowledge that the guy who ruined her life is dead.

And as far as peadophiles go,, no its not thier fault its something that happens to them over a period of time though its still no excuse. But seeing as we cannot let them go and they cannot be cured then why oh why should they be a drain on resources for the rest of us. with the planet already suffering from over population i dont see why the system does its best to waste money and resources on these animals, they should be put down like a rabbid dog.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27
And as far as peadophiles go,, no its not thier fault its something that happens to them over a period of time though its still no excuse. But seeing as we cannot let them go and they cannot be cured then why oh why should they be a drain on resources for the rest of us. with the planet already suffering from over population i dont see why the system does its best to waste money and resources on these animals, they should be put down like a rabbid dog.

We cannot let them go.

No, imagine that Ms.Kruzan did not botch the murder she committed by leaving her personal effects at the crime scene. She would have been, in truth, a killer employed by a drug dealer to help him in his turf war. Are you so damn certain she wouldn't do that again, if not caught? Are you?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Thats not my point at all ... my point was that her killing the man who had raped her from the age of 13 was justified and thats it.
So im not so "damn" sure that she wouldnt be a killer for a drug dealer but the lifestyle choice wasnt hers, you havent got a clue what the girl would have went through so shut your face and stick to the point

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The rapist most likely had more money to buy the judge with.
I feel for the girl,. hopefully justice will come her way.

as for the laws protecting the criminals,
I am a firm believer in capitol punishment,. on the spot.
AS a police friend used to say to me,
no body, no paperwork.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Esger

you're using terms like 'contract', but keep in mind this girl was 16 at the time. if she moved to a rival pimp, maybe she thought she might have a better chance of escaping there. i doubt she went seeking romance. if he then threatened her life and told her she now had to kill the first pimp, is she no longer a victim?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

so shut your face

That's some masterful debating technique here, that can only come from an enlightened individual!

Law is law, and that a pretty darn important thing to have. Once you cross that thin line...

In the eyes of the law, a planned conspiracy to kill does not a self-defense make.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yeah its as about as masterfull as you bringing up a point i wasnt trying to make...

Law is law but if its wrong its still wrong

so I assume that you agree with the rape victim being penalized, thank god you dont make the laws or they would be even more messed up than they already are

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Wife kills husband,
gets 210 days in prison.

Are you in, on this one?

That's what happens when touchy-feely prevails over common sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

for a start they were a good christian family so that really does say it all.

Im not sure how this applies to my point either.

also if you consider my opinion that the death penalty should be more widely used to be touchy feely then id hate to see what you think crazy is...

So once again i will clarify so please try to keep up ,, ill even put it in capitals
IF SOMEONE IS ABUSED OR TORTURED AND THEY KILL THE PERSON WHO DID THAT TO THE THEN I BELIEVE THAT ITS JUSTIFIED.

Yeah the 16yr old in question may be lying and or all the facts might have been altered but alas that was not the point i was trying to make

Now im sure you have more news reports to cut and paste so ill let you get on with it

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yeah the 16yr old in question may be lying and or all the facts might have been altered but alas that was not the point i was trying to make

The point in this thread is not really that abstract. I'm all for punishment of filthy scumbags (how's that for redundant?) and all. We are talking about a specific legal case, and that's all there is to it. It would just seem that your feeling OUTSIDE OF THIS CASE made your pronouncements a little biased, as far as I'm concerned.

I do share your indignation. Just looking at the case from a legal point of view.

PS. I am pro-death penalty. I just find this case a little iffy to qualify for justified killing. I know the kid is a victim, but she's also a perpetrator. It's a tough call.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

yeah maybe my comment was from an emotional point of view and im not trying to condone reckless killing, and no i dont have all the facts of the case to hand and im not trying to be difficult for the sake of it.

The thing that gets to me is that some people and im not saying you try and simplify things to much , if you look back to my first comment it was in retaliation to someone saying that she had no reason to kill him and could easily have reported it to the police..... It seems that some people see everything in black and white and try to apply their idolistic view on things to every situation.
The information that i got when i first posted was that a 16 yr old ws given drugs , raped and made to prostitute herself for three years then she killed her abuser then got jail.....now obviously theres more to the case and from a legal standpoint theres a lot of factors to consider, and im glad that we are kinda on the same page but jut got off to the wrong start...

It just the foolish coments that get to me when people think that everyones life is like theirs and the police protect you and the hero rides off at the end of the day...

Sorry for the hostility

And yes you are right it is a tough call because she is the perpetrator and this killing cannot be called justified with the info we have.I just feel very strongly about cases like this from personal experience.
edit on 19-11-2010 by mackblack27 because: to add

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Sorry one of the ATS bugs rears its head. In summary, we share a lot in our view of the situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

And yes you are right it is a tough call because she is the perpetrator and this killing cannot be called justified with the info we have.I just feel very strongly about cases like this from personal experience.

You know, I get crucified on ATS ever so often for mentioning this: one of my friends was stabbed to death about 300 ft from my house, the place I lived when I was about 14 y.o. It's up to you whether it leaves a trauma or not.

Just trying to clarify I didn't grow in a bubble.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I dont think you grew up in a bubble and im sorry for your loss.
Glad we cleared this up and next time either of us are about to get crucified on here it will be good to know theres at least one other person who can share the perspective...

And to be honest its good to speak to omeone who can see where im coming from..

mk27

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think the judge hoped that she raped the guy with a bottle, as did the American army in Iraq. So she will win a medal as Bush won.

Sad thing.
edit on 19-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In South Africa you have to bend over and take it in the keyster from your rapist. You can't kill them. If you do, you are going to prison. It's all part of the future coming Vatican laws.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
CCWF
Sara Kruzan W59700
P. O. Box 1508
Chowchilla, CA  93610

Send this woman some letters of encouragement. Trust me, a simple letter to an incarcerated person can mean the the world to them.

Sara Kruzan (Wikipedia)
Central California Women's Facility Homepage
Central California Women's Facility Inmate Locator

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join