It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Zero = Nonexistent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

Hate to break it to you, but water DOES NOT COMPRESS when it becomes ice. It expands. Most other solids become more dense though.

Ice forms into structures wherein vaccuum is inside.

And by the way... "absolute zero" simply means the TEMPURATURE IS ZERO DEGREES.

It does not mean that all vibrations stop. The vibrations that still continue are whats called the ZERO-POINT energy.

Do some research before you make claims you cant back up, like absolute zero doesn't exist.
edit on 19-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Okay first off, a member already pointed that out and I made a mistake. Like i sadi before, I meant that the molecules become more organized. I made a mistake in saying that water compresses when frozen.
Second, i didnt claim anything. And that is not what i meant by my thread title. It was more of a theory of mine and i was putting it out there to get some feedback and some insight from people who have more knowledge on this topic, but thanks for your input.
And would atoms/particles still have slight vibration at absolute zero? I was thinking the higher the temp, the more energy that was put into a particle/object, so at absolute zero wouldnt there be no energy to keep the particle vibrating?

<< 1   >>

join