It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Church Protesting American Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
During the weekend It was pronounced that a local solider, Dan Kridlo was killed on duty in Afghanistan. The man was truly, in my opinion an American Hero. He was a father to two 9 year old twin daughters, and everyone that has known him speaks very highly about him. His father made sure he was to be buried in Arlington as deserved. Less than a month from now, he was due to return home for good. Any more background information can be found in the article below.

www.timesleader.com...

This morning I read my local newspaper and see this:
www.timesleader.com...

A church protesting a persons funeral. You have got to be kidding me. I sat there reflected on it a bit, and I decided to start a post on your thoughts. As I continued reading about the church, It reflected on me who the group of people were that are protesting this great mans funeral. I watched an episode of 20/20, and what do you know its the same ridiculous group of people.

“Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom & play taps to a fallen fool.”
"Spc. Kridlo gave his life for the Constitutional right of the Westboro Baptist Church to warn America. To deny our First Amendment rights is to declare to the world that Spc. Kridlo died in vain, and that America is a nation of sodomite hypocrites.”

Taken from their press release, website: www.godhatesfags.com...

I do not agree with both wars on the Afghanistan and Iraqi front. I am a skeptic of 9/11. I disagree with Homosexuality. And I admit I am a bit racist. But why go to such a radical approach, what good is seriously done by interrupting a great mans funeral with hate. Does R.I.P mean nothing to these people? I understand the first amendment bull, but really?

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ahh yes. The infamous Westboro Baptist Church. They aren't really so much a "chruch" and aren't associated with baptists at all. They are a family of lawyers that do what they do to extort money through frivolous lawsuits. They use the right of free speech and hide under their "religion" to aggressively protest. They then sue anyone they can who speak out against them. The city will be sued after their protest for not providing adequate protection. Their antics aren't anything new. I still haven't figured out why they haven't been shutdown.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I do not agree with both wars on the Afghanistan and Iraqi front. I am a skeptic of 9/11. I disagree with Homosexuality.

There's nothing to agree with, "Genius". this kind of thinking is what leads to the kind of extremism that Westboro Baptist Church advocates.

And I admit I am a bit racist. But why go to such a radical approach, what good is seriously done by interrupting a great mans funeral with hate.
"Here's some hate that I'm occupied spreading out of ignorance which coincides with exactly what this church stands for. I wonder why these people spread hate that I don't agree with
." .... You judge people here based on their radical faith.... yet you ignore that log in your eye.

Does R.I.P mean nothing to these people? I understand the first amendment bull, but really?

Really? freedom of speech is a double-edged sword. Welcome to America.

Any thoughts?

Obviously they are being juvenile and disrespectful, but I hope we don't all think it is the government's place to get involved here. If you let them take rights away from your enemies, they will come for you next. Try not to get too worked up about it, Westboro Baptist Church will be a burning pile of rubble shortly the way they are spreading fear, hate, and control all over the place. The people will only tolerate so much.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

new topics

join