It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Rosicrucians....George Washington?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Famous Rosicrucian Initiates... George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Marquis de LaFayette Thomas Paine Arnold Krumm-Heller George Clymer Ethan Allen Hitchcock John Brown William Lloyd Garrison George Lippard Abraham Lincoln Paschal Beverly Randolph, M.D. Freeman B. Dowd, Sorona, John C. Street, M.D., James R. Phelps, M.D., Alexander Wilder, M.D. and Paul Tyner Edward H. Brown, M.D. R. Swinbrune Clymer, M.D., D.O. Emerson Myron Clymer.

SO would you call them evil? They mix Hermetics with Christianity.
www.rosicrucian.org...
edit on 15-11-2010 by TimeSimple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSimple
SO would you call them evil?
They mix Hermetics with Christianity.
www.rosicrucian.org...

Ah yes, the always-posted "evil because not true Christians" insight.

Honestly, not everyone is a Christian and the Founding Fathers were mostly not Christians from my understanding. So what if they dabbled in occultism or exploring their world? Even if it were true, how does that make them evil according to anyone but Christians? I mean I could see how Christians might take offense to it, but Christians aren't the golden standard from which everything should be judged...

In fact, I see a lot of smart people over the years having associated themselves with some occult practices, sometimes to augment traditional religious practices. That was the science of back then and seeking knowledge not found within your dogma is something to lauded in my opinion.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Evanescence because: Fix

edit on 15-11-2010 by Evanescence because: Fix

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSimple

i like this because i have been trying to do this my self for years. I have been holding my self accountable for my actions and trying to grow and avoid being racist,greedy,self centered, untrustworthy, and many others. I would say some Christians are like this too and some Christians just except that they are sinners and never try. This is actually a lot harder then you think because people will take advantage of your good nature. And i understand why they do it in secret.they didn't want it to become corrupted personally i would love the chance to learn from these people who have tried to master self control.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Nice try but Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Marquis de LaFayette Thomas Paine were Deist.

Deism was a religious philosophy in common currency in colonial times, and some Founding Fathers (most notably Thomas Paine, who was an explicit proponent of it, and Benjamin Franklin, who spoke of it in his Autobiography)
and some of the others you listed were Unitarian Universalists a close offshoot of Deism.(Unitarian Universalists have a organized religion and Deist do not but most of there beliefs are the same and some Deist go to Unitarian Universalists meeting.

Every few years a group takes the name of some obscure order and tries to turn it into a new age religion/cult
They most always try to use the names of historic people to further there enlistment of converts.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Nice try but Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Marquis de LaFayette Thomas Paine were Deist.

Deism was a religious philosophy in common currency in colonial times, and some Founding Fathers (most notably Thomas Paine, who was an explicit proponent of it, and Benjamin Franklin, who spoke of it in his Autobiography)
and some of the others you listed were Unitarian Universalists a close offshoot of Deism.(Unitarian Universalists have a organized religion and Deist do not but most of there beliefs are the same and some Deist go to Unitarian Universalists meeting.

Every few years a group takes the name of some obscure order and tries to turn it into a new age religion/cult
They most always try to use the names of historic people to further there enlistment of converts.

These peeps were at least Rosicrucians..
www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...
Rosicrucianism is just a higher form of masonry.
www.amazon.com...
edit on 16-11-2010 by TimeSimple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This.

Pretty much any group nowadays that lists famous people of the past as having belonged to it (with the exception of a few well-known ones) is full of it.

They are simply trying to appear more important and "special" than they really are.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanescence

This.

Pretty much any group nowadays that lists famous people of the past as having belonged to it (with the exception of a few well-known ones) is full of it.

They are simply trying to appear more important and "special" than they really are.

Could be. en.wikipedia.org...
All I'm asking is it evil to other religions to mix Hermetics ( en.wikipedia.org... ) with Christianity? Which masons and Rosicrucians do.

What if someone up high, that is a right wing extremist with their religion.. looked on your computer and seen hermetics info on your computer and harrased you. Freedom of religion en.wikipedia.org... or is there? Can you imagine the abuse that could happen by religious extremists by the patriot act.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSimple

Could be. en.wikipedia.org...
All I'm asking is it evil to other religions to mix Hermetics ( en.wikipedia.org... ) with Christianity? Which masons and Rosicrucians do

Maybe.

If I were an ardent believer in Christianity, I would tend to agree it'd be "evil" to mix it. But different Christians might see things differently. Also keep in mind Christianity has many sects in it, there is no one standard religion of Christianity. Many Christians have no loyalty to any sort of Pope and do not agree with other sect's teachings.

Practically I believe a lot of people that regard themselves as Christians mix and match with their beliefs. Some might explore topics of the paranormal or alternative religions (whether it be Eastern meditation or Western hermeticism) and others might engage in activities that could be considered "sinful" and are spoken out against in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeSimple

i would call them corrupt.
the rosicrucians started out with wonderful intentions, and great ideas
a true secret society, a "place" to obtain occult teachings.

the rosicrucians however, were basically absorbed by the masons
the 18th degree is something something degree of the rose cross.

if you want to know the true intentions of the rosicrucians, and hear from their own words
that we are profane and that america was founded on the ideas of the rosicruicans, and illumaniti.

SEARCH
THE 68TH CONVOCATION OF THE ROSE CROSS ORDER

in these pages you will find various essays put together by various rosicrucians to share at a meeting they had in 1906. in this book they claim that america was founded purely on rosicrucian ideas and as proof of this they left their "signature" in the super symbolic seal of the united states

the rosicrucians are apart of this new world wide society stuff because the wield arcane and occult knowledge that is to be kept from the "profane" population. if we had access to the information we would no longer be profane and we would also realize that we dont need these "leaders" to feed us small pieces of information to keep us dangling on their coat tails

edit on 16-11-2010 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

top topics

join