It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I knew you were going to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
... read this. See? I was right, wasn't I? And I knew you were going to read this sentence too. And this one. Not bad, huh? No less than 3 predictions in a row that came true

My point is this. All successful prediction is pure luck or, like this one, made to make you think it's a prediction through suggestion or vagueness.

The most popular way of making someone think a prediciton is real is to be vague so that anything can be read into the prediction; this is commonly used in horoscopes.

Now all of you who believes otherwise - can you prove me wrong? I'm ready to change my mind if you can

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
you have no point it is mute due to your childish actions ( i knew you would read this ) my one year old has more creativity. At least know what you are talking about there are many things in the superverse we as a race do not understand but if it makes you feel better then go right ahead.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I understand your point. Many times 'predictions' are made very vague so that it is easy to make things fit. Also .... if you keep saying a giant hurricane will hit Texas, then eventually one will ... and that wasn't a prediction, it was just playing the odds.

HOWEVER, there are MANY people who have made predictions that have come true ... predictions that were not vague and that didn't play the odds.

Being fairly new here I'm not sure what I can and can not post for links. However, I suggest that you google up some prediction stuff and check it out. You will quickly see who is 'real' in the famous areas and who are not.

I have found that regular people, and not the Celebrity types, are more often accurate. For instance - Sylvia Brown said that neither Bush, nor Gore, would win in 2000, she predicted that Democrat who had the bad heart would win. (Bradley? was that his name?)

However, my Grandmother would, on a few occasions, make a prediction and she was always dead on. She didn't 'play the odds' and she didn't 'make 'em vague' ... she only spoke her predictions when she was very sure of what she was saying ... not any of this ... 'I have a feeling for the 1,000th time' kind of thing. She was always right.

For example... she said that a single pilot airplane would crash on a certain river bank, in a certain town (she named them) and three days later that happened. She would say that so-and-so was pregnant with a boy or girl (she'd say which) and she'd say when the baby would be born. Turned out to be exactly right. The mom would find out three days later. My grandmother always predicted things three days ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Some predictions do come true, and not all are vague. I have been correct on some. Sifting through what is a passing thought, and what is telepathy,clarivoyance is the hard part.
I read this out of curiosity...

top topics

join