It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Life on Earth Could Have Come From Alien Zombies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wired Science

Life on Earth could have grown from the broken remains of alien viruses that, although dead, still contained enough information to give rise to new life

In the past, folks have said that life could have come here from 'out there' .. space .. which I agree with totally. But others have said that the radiation involved would kill the life before it got here. Life can't come from dead matter. BUT ... now they are saying they think that it COULD make it happen, even against the odds.

The key lies in how much genetic information survives the trip, Wesson says. An organism’s genetic information is encoded in the sequence of nucleotides in their DNA. This information can be measured in bits in the same way as computer processes. Bacteria like E. coli, for example, carry about 6 million bits of information in their DNA.

Random chemical processes couldn’t produce enough information to run even a simple cell. Over 500 million years, random molecular shuffling would produce only 194 bits of information, Wesson says.

One possible way around this paradox is the idea that life on Earth was seeded by biological molecules that already had a large information content that survived the journey even though the molecules themselves were killed.

There is more at the article.
Thought ya'll would find it interesting.
The title itself was great.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I just hope they can figure this damn stuff out before 2012 hits...kinda of like rushing a hollywood script through production without doing the right kinda of rewrites and casting the right actors for the job. Can't they just make up their damned mind! Just someone waiting for the show

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
wilcocks been onto this for ages the same a icke and everyone just says no no no thats too far fethched yet were starting to see main stream science edge towards their theories.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Considering some of the people I've had to deal with, I'm thinking the 'alien zombies' thing is a probability and not just a theory.
Seriously though. This article does look interesting and they make some very good points. I do think we got 'seeded' here .. dunno' if it was from space debris or if it was ET doing it on purpose to farm or do a science experiment .. whatever ...

Good article.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
cmon man zombies? i mean im no one that doesnt believe, But i dont know about zombies maybe if you had witness reports/evidence then that would be a different story

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Seeded from space is as good a theory as any other on how life started on this planet.

I do wonder though if this was the case and given the vastness of space why did only one version of life start?

Why not silicon based for example? We it seems are in the goldilocks zone, just right for life but why wouldnt say, Mars be in the goldilocks zone for other versions of life if this was the way life kickstarts.

top topics

join