It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Nuclear-Powered Sub Arrives in Busan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The USS Hawaii, an ultramodern nuclear-powered Virginia-class attack submarine assigned to the U.S. Pacific Fleet Submarine Force, has arrived in Korea for the first time. It was unprecedentedly open to the South Korean press at the naval operating base in Busan on Saturday. The Virginia-class subs are the newest U.S. nuclear-powered attack sub. Commissioned in 2007, it is 115 m long and 10.4 m wide, with displacement of 7,700 tons submerged. It is armed with heavy torpedoes and 12 Tomahawk cruise missiles. A military source said this was the first time the Hawaii has been opened to non-U.S. journalists and appears to be a show of force aimed at China and North Korea.
Source

I didn't see this posted. So I thought I would post this news. Seems we sent a nuclear sub to South Korea. Wonder what will happen next?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
S&F Romatic Rebel, I think theres gonna be some serious conflict in the future, interesting times to live in for sure. I think it's not a matter of if but when, when it comes to isreal and it's enemies fighting, and then were gonna back isreal and other countries are gonna back iran etc. it well be interesting for sure.

XxRagingxPandaxX

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
From what I can find, the USS Ohio docked at Busan in February, 2008; so this isn't new.

Check out this article:
U.S. Missiles Deployed Near China Send a Message

Tensions are definitely high in that part of the globe.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Of course and we made it worse!
I can't believe it!
We might go into nuclear war.
Where is John Kennedy?

top topics

join