It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going all Digital, Anyone Help me Out? Want tons of drum samples.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm in a kind of hobbyist band with my brother. I play keys and he plays guitar and we usually use drum machines for our shows. Well we've decided to get more serious about making music and decided against a drummer therefore we wanna go more electronic.

I've got ableton light, which is all I need (we like to keep the drum tracks simple) and am compiling as many drum samples as possible. Anyone know where I can go to get just start collecting away? I've extracted all the flac and wav samples i coudl find for every hydrogen drum set, but more would be awesome. good bass would be appreciated too.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ahhh if my production comp was working i could hook you up with tons of samples but its completely fried atm. just search at any torrent tracking website you'll find like 4 gb packs of samples. there was one i slightly remember under the name of Benji samples or something. it comes with a lot of instruments including electro and acoustic drums. not all that great, but worth it, especially if you know how to EQ and screw with synths and get bubble basses. also if you want your tracks to be super kickass, get absynth and catanya, and of course amplitube if you don't already have good tangible guitar gear. those are plug ins though.

EDIT:

go here
www.producerpack.com...
www.samplemagic.com...
and then search for those at a torrent site haha.

www.fulldls.com...
thepiratebay.org...
thepiratebay.org...
extratorrent.com...

these will help a lot. hopefully youve got a good internet connection speed.

if you go to the native instruments website, you can get their free kontact player which has a pretty good drum samples and all you need is to compress them and add some reverb and you can get a pretty near live acoustic kit sound.
edit on 12-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Kong device in Reason 5 is pretty amazing. You can design custom drum sounds with the drum synths or load samples. It comes with a nice big library standard and there's tons of Refills out there with additional samples. And it can be used inside Ableton Live via Rewire.

www.propellerheads.se...

If you're trying to make realistic acoustic drum tracks without actually recording a drummer, try Reason Drum Kits:
www.propellerheads.se...

Or Superior Drummer:
www.toontrack.com...

ETA: Don't pirate. These aren't massive international corporations we're talking about. Most producers of sample sets are small, independent studios.

-TheAssoc.
edit on 12-11-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

join