It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz: I Have NO PROBLEM Investigating Bush For Torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Rock on Jason.

Looks like we have a handful of real non-establishment politicians this time around.

Ron Paul will have some company.

Raw Story reports:

A newly elected Republican congressman said in a little-noticed interview Tuesday he’d have “no hesitation whatsoever” in beginning an investigation of the former President George W. Bush for torture.

Appearing on MSNBC’s The Dylan Rattigan show, GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), who also serves on the House Government Oversight Committee, said he’d be more than willing to join a torture probe.

“How far back do you think is appropriate?” Rattigan asked. “Because the one thing that’s not on this list is for instance a torture investigation.”

“Well, it may be on the list as well,” Chaffetz said. “I’m not afraid of going after the Bush administration. I wasn’t brought here by the establishment.

“When I ran for congressman in 2008 — I’m just a freshman here, George W. Bush, Orrin Hatch, and Bob Bennett, three Republicans, they campaigned against me,” Chaffetz added. “So I don’t mind going back and looking at ‘em. So I don’t have any hestitation whatsoever.”

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This just sounds like sour grapes to me. Being as Baby Bush campaigned againt his running in 2008.
But he is a non established face in congress, and still finding his way around.
He would probably get blocked by other established figures. Especially by the GOP but we can only hope.
I think this is just him playing politics,but we'll have to wait and see.
edit on 12-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
They will not have public earings as bush used nsa and cia high tech torture techs, do you think they really will tell the world what america can do to a human?

No way on earth, will they tell us about all the horrendous techs bush and people like him have authorised to be used on humans.

join