It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.C.C. Investigates Google Street View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

F.C.C. Investigates Google Street View

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — The Federal Communications Commission said Wednesday that it was investigating whether Google had violated laws when it collected Wi-Fi data as part of its Street View photo project.

Last month, Google disclosed that its Street View cars collected passwords, e-mails and other personal information wirelessly from unsuspecting people across the country,” Michele Ellison, chief of the F.C.C’s enforcement bureau, said Wednesday in a statement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Google secretly took your wi-fi details

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I hope they do not get away with it! If an average citizen would have got caught doing the same thing, they would face prison time. Google is saying that it was an accident"lol" and as soon as they realized what was happening they alerted the authorities. I think someone was going to blow the whistle "an insider" and they preempted the whistle blower by going to the authorities and saying oh, look what happened.
Just my opinion

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

It does kind of make you wonder how they managed to "accidentally" collect payload data like passwords and e-mails.

Then again it's a wake up call (or should be) to those operating unencrypted networks that if they were encrypted, Google wouldn't have this data.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

yea, for sure I changed all my connections to wired a while back mostly because I was sick of dropped connection. After all of this very glad I did.

new topics

top topics

join