It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions complain about being groped in public.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh well, you know how those union people are, expecting to be treated differently than the average serf. One would begin to think that they are different than the rest of us shlubs. Hmmm, let us ask the union folk what they think shall we?

Link-Flight attendants union upset over new pat down procedures

Snippet-

PHOENIX - A flight attendants union with 2,000 members is upset over what it calls "invasive pat-downs" recently implemented by the TSA.

"We're getting calls daily about peoples' experiences, our members are concerned," said Deborah Volpe, Vice President of the Association of Flight Attendants Local 66.

Volpe confirmed that the union is offering advice to its flight attendants, who mostly work for Tempe-based USAirways, involving the security moves.

According to a union email obtained by ABC15, it tells flight attendants if they opt out of using the body scanner through security and are required to undergo a pat-down to ask the pat-down be conducted in a private area with a witness.

Those poor shlubs, they should just show them their union card, that will clear everything up. WOW, so now the unions think they are different than you or I. I am looking for a job for TSA as I write this, looking forward to groping the union members vociferously.

Related thread-Have you had a date lately?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Another story comes out on this component-Airport screeners get more aggressive with pat-downs

I guess they like the rough stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I think the unions are looking at the wrong people to blame for this. The authorities are only doing this as a direct result if the terrorist actions by Muslim extremists.(note I said extremist not all or moderate muslims). If they need to blame & confront someone about the objections they have to their current situation how about the number 1 sponsor of "State Terrorism" Iran or nut jobs like Syria. Maybe even the murderous Hamas, Al-Qaeda or cowardly "rocket launching" militant palestinians. Just seems the union is taking the easy way out having a go at the local authorities.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Do not worry, the unions have it covered. They will wave their union card and everyone else will be required to be groped.

Trust me, there is precedent. The unions are clear of the Obama Care tax bill. They have waivers specifically applied to that.

I am assuming they will be cleared of this also pretty soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The unions, representing a total of 16,500 pilots, say they worry about the health effects of being exposed, sometimes multiple times a day, to the scanner's radiation.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

I wonder how long these body scanners have been tested for having any negative long term effects? I doubt much at all considering that pilots are being urged to avoid body scanners all together.

Pilot files lawsuit against TSA:

edit on 12-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

top topics

join